• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Garmin-Barracuda 2012

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
B A R R A C U D A, yeah it's really Barracuda. Cool. :)

I was so shocked when I found out that this south American rider is actually not called Anaconda. Read too fast, or not really.
Took me 1 week to notice it.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
B A R R A C U D A, yeah it's really Barracuda. Cool. :)

I was so shocked when I found out that this south American rider is actually not called Anaconda. Read too fast, or not really.
Took me 1 week to notice it.

Just take the "D" out, and you got his name down.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:
"The Classics are my favourite races. I’ve always loved them more than anything else. They’ve always been a priority for me. I have a passion for them. I would love to be one of the top Classics riders."

So great to hear an anglophone rider say that.

Really, hats off to Farrar for it. Great to see such passion for the classics.

**** jj haedo, Farrar is now my new favorite sprinter.

Probably will be less frustrating now:p

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I wanna see Jack Bauer in the classics roster. He's kiwi, has a cool name!, Mostly I like his attitude in the races I've seen him in. Gutsy, v strong but also he shows a lot of respect for each race he's in. He also topped their team on GC at TDU this year I think?

Nederick said:
I wanna see Jack Bauer in the classics roster. He's kiwi, has a cool name!, Mostly I like his attitude in the races I've seen him in. Gutsy, v strong but also he shows a lot of respect for each race he's in. He also topped their team on GC at TDU this year I think?

TDU to Classics is a Grand Canyon jump. Don't ever use the two races in the same sentence again - do you hear me?

Play on.

A

Anonymous

The Hitch said:

+1

And the dude lives (or lived) in Ghent, NOT Giorna.

If he can withstand the attacks on the bergs he can win.

Gilbert, Canc, Thor.... Those guys are able to hammer after 230kms and TF has not shown that ability just yet.

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
TDU to Classics is a Grand Canyon jump. Don't ever use the two races in the same sentence again - do you hear me?

Play on.
Fair call. I still stand by my endorsing Bauer though. And I wouldn't expect to see him at the pointy end of the race either, rather burying himself at some point for the team.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:

there is another anglophone rider you should like then, here is an article about him and his childhood dreams from before the start of 2011 season:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cavendish-has-ambitions-for-the-classics

;)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Garmin-Barracuda put in a scorching performance to win the season's opening team time trial at the Tour of Qatar by seven seconds, beating Omega Pharma-Quick Step and Team Sky over the 11.3-kilometre course at Lusail International Racing Circuit just outside Doha.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-of-qatar-2012/stage-2-ttt/results

My favorite kind of TTT: On road bikes!

20120206cy0017_600.jpg

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:

Yeah, Farrar is a very nice guy. I've seen him around Gent here a few times and is always friendly. He's my third favourite sprinter at the moment. Last year his results weren't that great, but he still won a Tour stage on the 4th of July, I loved that. His lack of better results is also understandable as one of his best friends died at the Giro...

It would be great to see another power sprinter like Boonen and Hushovd in the finale of Roubaix/Vlaanderen. I don't think the new finale of the Ronde plays in his favour though. We'll see.

Kvinto said:
there is another anglophone rider you should like then, here is an article about him and his childhood dreams from before the start of 2011 season:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cavendish-has-ambitions-for-the-classics

;)

All kidding aside, Cavendish has consistently been very respectful about the Classics. But unlike Farrar, who has the build to potentially be good at them, his ambitions tend to be treated a bit more like Michael Jordan telling the world he has ambitions to play baseball.

Farrar comes across as an exceptionally thoughtful individual for a sprinter, a specialty where thoughtful characters are rare. I've always liked the guy.

Zinoviev Letter said:
All kidding aside, Cavendish has consistently been very respectful about the Classics. But unlike Farrar, who has the build to potentially be good at them, his ambitions tend to be treated a bit more like Michael Jordan telling the world he has ambitions to play baseball.

Farrar comes across as an exceptionally thoughtful individual for a sprinter, a specialty where thoughtful characters are rare. I've always liked the guy.
Is it? Andre Greipel, Marcel Kittel, Theo Bos, Heinrich Haussler... not really a bunch of lunatics. Even Cavendish seems to be quite the thoughtful guy when he's not within 100 meters of the finish line.

Kwibus said:
Not sure, but it seemed more like they didn't have their new TT kits with them.
The blue kits still were Garmin - Cervelo kits, instead of Garmin - Barracuda. Eurosport also said Garmin - Cervelo btw... not so nice.
They were still new kits, not the old Garmin Cervelo ones (apart from Vanmarcke's, apparently).

The Hitch said:

Didn't he move to Belgium (as opposed to Spain where most of the guys live) in order to get the best chances possibly with the classics? And then he speaks Dutch (or something like that... all those languages are weird anyway) fluently. I even heard that he feels more comfortable about giving interviews in that langauge...

Kwibus said:
Not sure, but it seemed more like they didn't have their new TT kits with them.
The blue kits still were Garmin - Cervelo kits, instead of Garmin - Barracuda. Eurosport also said Garmin - Cervelo btw... not so nice.

Yeah... seems like there was a bit of a mixup there... :rolleyes:

They were still new kits, not the old Garmin Cervelo ones (apart from Vanmarcke's, apparently).

Of course Vanmarcke was riding in a different kit; he isn't even in the race.:p

TRENDING THREADS