• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gastroenteritis

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Taken from here.

Symptoms
The symptoms of gastroenteritis can include:

* Loss of appetite
* Bloating
* Nausea
* Vomiting
* Abdominal cramps
* Abdominal pain
* Diarrhoea
* Bloody stools (in some cases)
* Pus in the stools (in some cases)
* Generally feeling unwell, including lethargy and body aches.

I know some people who have had gastro - don't remember having it myself. Pretty sure they took a day off work. Pretty sure pumping out close to 1 tweet / hour for the day they had it was the last thing on their minds... and if they did... well.. it'd be that they don't feel so crash hot...

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
you know big ring, I am gratefull that the Lance haters can express themselves in this forum. It is so much more gentle insulting Lance then torturing kittens or kicking small children,

flicker said:
you know big ring, I am gratefull that the Lance haters can express themselves in this forum. It is so much more gentle insulting Lance then torturing kittens or kicking small children,

Seems to me it is the fans who are able to explain away and accept all manner of asshat behavior from their hero as "what it takes to be a winner" who would be more likely to torture kittens.

flicker said:

C'mon, flicker, you know that's not true.

Take brodeal, for example: his avatar proves that he still has PLENTY of time to torture kittens.

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
the big ring said:
Taken from here.

I know some people who have had gastro - don't remember having it myself. Pretty sure they took a day off work. Pretty sure pumping out close to 1 tweet / hour for the day they had it was the last thing on their minds... and if they did... well.. it'd be that they don't feel so crash hot...

big ring, this sounds like either the flu or just a stomach virus. I caught something similar to this last week while i was on night shift.

If it is gastroenteritis, I would go to the Dr. and 'splain it to him.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I've had it a few times, always from food poisoning. It takes a week to get back to a semblance of normality. In some cases I did not eat anything solid for three or four days.

This means no Milan-San Remo and a week later no Criterium International and so there will be no showdown with Contador. :rolleyes:

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
the big ring said:
Taken from here.

Must have been quite special "food poisoning", bad in the morning yet hours after he can talk in live radio! :rolleyes:

BS.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
As someone who spends a lot of time near Lances rear end I can confirm that he does have Gastro.

What you guys have to realise is that Gastro is great for one thing, losing weight FAST.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
As someone who spends a lot of time near Lances rear end I can confirm that he does have Gastro.

What you guys have to realise is that Gastro is great for one thing, losing weight FAST.

How will lance go in the Criterium International? Will he be ready to kick Conti's ****?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:

why are you haters so mean to a sick person?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
why are you haters so mean to a sick person?

+1
I hope Lance's inner working are as solid as that post very soon.

mr74ns.jpg

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
I know if Lance is so weak do the haters give him "The Look" before they give the old geriatric one ball fat man a kick.

Sorry.I joke. Lance is el grande a hole. Next time I think I may have a bad day at work I will call in with Gastroentertis.

Could have something to do with the gnarly weather expected tomarrow.
Or it could be something contrived by Lance and his manager 6 months ago to mess with Contadors' mind.

flicker said:
Sorry.I joke. Lance is el grande a hole. Next time I think I may have a bad day at work I will call in with Gastroentertis.

Could have something to do with the gnarly weather expected tomarrow.
Or it could be something contrived by Lance and his manager 6 months ago to mess with Contadors' mind.

WTF is up with answeing your owns posts all the time?

Bike Rider

BANNED
Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
the big ring said:
Taken from here.

I had it six weeks ago. It's over in about a day by just starving yourself. I was out riding again three days later, but I felt weak and it took about 9 days before I felt as strong as I did before I had it. It would ruin your preperation for a race.

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:

Dat iz a pretty shitty thang to say.

TRENDING THREADS