• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General complaint thread

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh the week before finals & finals week how much I hate you:

Today turned in two lab reports
Started a paper due Wednesday
Got assigned two lab reports due friday and monday

Organic Chemistry II test Monday

Cell & Molecular Bio Final Friday
Organic Chem Final Friday.

Not to mention all the other little things I gotta do! Its going to be a long two weeks.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
No scam. Had a broken motor mount, radiator had a split in the seam, rear brakes, windshield wipers, oil change. new lower radiator hose. and a couple of other things. They did wash it and put in $20 of gas:rolleyes:

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
craig1985 said:
Did your car serviced in the States or in Mexico?

States. I own a Saturn and they have no idea what it is in Mexico. They stopped making them and parts are difficult to find in the US. No aftermarket parts so all parts are OEM from GM($). I really like the car but finding parts gets harder and harder each year.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Can I make a complaint about having to spend Christmas Day with people I dislike?

Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee. (Deuteronomy 5.16)

auscyclefan94 said:
Can I make a complaint about having to spend Christmas Day with people I dislike?
Do what I do and hit your family up for new bike goodies each Christmas. Then, take it out for a "test ride" to show them how much you appreciate their generosity :D

If it happens to end up being a 3+ hour ride, justify it by saying that the new gear made it all sooooo much more enjoyable than usual.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
My parents bought me a Cofidis kit (2006) for Christmas and six weeks later I ripped the kit up in a nasty crash. Who knew if you go into a corner at 60km/h and brake hard you will go flying over the handle bars?

42x16ss said:
Do what I do and hit your family up for new bike goodies each Christmas. Then, take it out for a "test ride" to show them how much you appreciate their generosity :D

If it happens to end up being a 3+ hour ride, justify it by saying that the new gear made it all sooooo much more enjoyable than usual.

Yeah right, if that actually works then maybe they weren't wild about having you around either?;)

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My father called me to tell he bought me a present for christmas: a cycling kit from a pro team. Proudly declared that he paid 50 euro's for it. I asked which one it was. He didn't know the name (knows nothing about cycling), he said he bought one he remembered from the last Tour. OK, BMC jersey, not the best one, but I can live with that. No, not the one of the winner, he said, but that other guy...

... A Leopard Trek jersey.

Thanks dad, love you for trying..

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
42x16ss said:

That's not a bad idea, but after some of them giving me presents they had already received from other people or that were 2nd hand I certainly won't be spending any money on them.
Greenflame said:
My father called me to tell he bought me a present for christmas: a cycling kit from a pro team. Proudly declared that he paid 50 euro's for it. I asked which one it was. He didn't know the name (knows nothing about cycling), he said he bought one he remembered from the last Tour. OK, BMC jersey, not the best one, but I can live with that. No, not the one of the winner, he said, but that other guy...

Awwww, sucks to be you! Certainly not the best jersey :eek:.

Havetts, man, you must really hate some of your family(?). What happened?

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Dad acting like he's 8 months pregnant when this obviously wasnt my day at all, he starts nagging at me constantly about very little things that are irrelevant. And when he starts losing the argument he starts threatening with measures that make no sense.

But yea, besides that everything is ok. :)

Hugh Januss said:
Yeah right, if that actually works then maybe they weren't wild about having you around either?;)

Possibly!

Usually I make it Boxing Day (for mind clearing reasons) and deliberately underestimate the time I'll take. There has been a year or two where I've "unintentionally gotten lost" on quick spins around the block on particularly trying Christmas' though :D

Havetts said:
Dad acting like he's 8 months pregnant when this obviously wasnt my day at all, he starts nagging at me constantly about very little things that are irrelevant. And when he starts losing the argument he starts threatening with measures that make no sense.

But yea, besides that everything is ok. :)

Well, look on the bright side. At least you likely have a dad who cares about you. He just shows it by nagging and so on. A dad who didn't care would either not be there, or would just allow you to do your thing without a word.

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
****ing EQC.

Handling of our earthquake insurance claims is an absolute ****ing circus.

EQC tells you a different thing about you claim every time you contact them, ****s up the damage inspections, promises to repaint your house but tries desperately to avoid repairing the foundation damage, insists on getting a contractor to manage repairs for you instead of settling your claim, then says they hope to have 80% of the managed repairs done by the end of 2014. Well that's just ****ing marvelous isn't it.

10 months after the big February earthquake, we don't know a single person who has had any repairs done. Everyone we know is either waiting for more info from EQC, or scrapping with them about something EQC ****ed up. It's been a rough 15 months since the first big earthquake. The insurance nightmare is really making a lot of us feel like there is no end in sight. It's a complete cluster ****.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Greenflame said:

Those are the real problems of 1st World.
Congrats ! I'm glad you made it.

TRENDING THREADS