• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General Doping Thread.

Page 45 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mod hat on:

You need to provide an English translation of the pertinent parts of the article please.

Cheers,

KB.
ah, sorry, didn't know. The article goes back to a statement on his social media, also showing a picture of the decision (in Italian).

That decision says, that it "excludes the responsibility" of the rider for the offense. There are no more details given, and everything else in the article is just blah blah.

The Italians are certainly keeping busy. They've busted a runner, Antonio Infantino:
In 2016 he reached the European 200m semi-finals in Amsterdam for Italy, ran in the heats of the World Championships in 2019 and at the Tokyo Olympics this year finished fifth in his heat in 20.90. His best times, however, are 10.26 for 100m and 20.41 for 200m – both of which were set in 2019.
Matt Lawton is probably getting excited by the prospect of them working through the Tokyo athletics squad...

Unnamed US law enforcement agency reported to be on the trail of Nigerian sprinter Blessing Okagbare, who popped a positive for HGH ahead of the Tokyo Games, under the controversial World Anti-Doping Police legislation, the Rodchenkov Act.

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article...cy-probing-blessing-okagbare-anti-doping-case
Three months on and the FBI are playing the role of Team America, World Police:
Federal authorities searched Okagbare's cellphone as she was returning to the United States from Tokyo and found she had frequently communicated with Lira over an encrypted app, according to the complaint.

"Is it safe to take a test this morning?" Okagbare wrote in one message to Lira, according to the complaint. "Remember I took it Wednesday and then yesterday again. I wasn't sure so I didn't take a test."

In another exchange, Okagbare wrote Lira that she had just run the 100m in 10.63 seconds. News reports detailed Okagbare running a race in that time a few days before the message was sent. "Eric my body feel so good," she wrote. "Whatever you did is working so well."

"You are doing your part and you will be ready to dominate," Lira wrote to the athlete.

The exact nature of Valieva’s problem is unclear, although there have been widespread claims that the drug involved was not performance-enhancing, but recreational.

She's 15, so that's possible, but the whole story is murky.

She's 15, so that's possible, but the whole story is murky.

If it's actually Valieva, this is big. Then it's not just her and some recreational drug use, no way, then it's the whole Eteri Tutberidze system that's at stake. However, it's not yet safe it's truely about her.

If it's actually Valieva, this is big. Then it's not just her and some recreational drug use, no way, then it's the whole Eteri Tutberidze system that's at stake. However, it's not yet safe it's truely about her.
[/QUOTE

It’s for cardiac issues. That’s what’s it’s about. It’s not performance enhancing. I guess the Americans didn’t like losing out on a gold and they activated the smear merchants.

1.13 is the odds that she will win tomorrow. It shows how much of a freak she is.

The odds was 10 after 6.8 kilometres. Do not doubt the dopers.

NHdfCCK.jpg

...smear campaign...
If I were going to organize a smear campaign I would plant evidence of something that's clearly performance enhancing. The American MSM coverage of this story is currently full of medical experts not understanding how this drug would be useful to a figure skater, or any athlete really.

And what's the point of smearing Russia anyway? Putin already does a great job of making a villain of himself, bullying Ukraine, poisoning journos, protecting hacking/ransomware groups... Why would the contents of some figure skater's medicine cabinet even factor into the geopolitical equation? America's ego is not founded on international sports competitions nearly so much these days as economic and military dominance --- hence the ridiculous spend on advanced submarines and negligible spend on Olympic sports. Besides which, given how small a player Russia is in the international economy, no Americans would even think about their erstwhile rivals if it weren't for Putin inserting himself into the global scene again and again like an attention starved child. China has asserted itself as a vastly more important player in the world now and into the next century, so if the CIA were trying to sway public opinion about some foreign power it would be them. As much as I expect Chinese athletes are doping, we rarely see them caught because, if anything, the West would probably prefer to deescalate tensions, given the delicacy of that geopolitical dance.

It's a much more plausible explanation that Russians are a proud people and particularly so in certain domains such as hockey, chess, and figure skating; they're used to seeing themselves as a world power and feel that slipping away; Putin understands that his political position among his own people is strengthened by success in the arena of sports and the most efficient way to effect that success is PEDs.