• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General Doping Thread.

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It’s pretty ghastly, but the only truly surprising thing in this article about U.S. Navy Seals training is that people were surprised to discover candidates using PEDs to get through the course.

The funny thing (in a dark humor sort of way) is this statements: “SEAL leaders say they don’t have the authority to conduct drug testing.” Amazing, they can literally try to drown guys in addition to kicking them, degrading them, etc. but drug testing! Oh my no, we can’t do that. :(

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/30/...ytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

What an url. What's the need for a hash code so long?
I think because it’s paywalled for non-subscribers but subscribers can “gift” a set number of articles each month, which creates a separate (obviously longer) url. I was hoping that by using the gift function and pasting that here it would allow folks to get past the paywall to read the article. But I don’t know if it works?

ed. If folks are still running into a paywall (for NY Times) clicking on the link, let me know so I won’t bother with that in the future.

I think because it’s paywalled for non-subscribers but subscribers can “gift” a set number of articles each month, which creates a separate (obviously longer) url. I was hoping that by using the gift function and pasting that here it would allow folks to get past the paywall to read the article. But I don’t know if it works?

ed. If folks are still running into a paywall (for NY Times) clicking on the link, let me know so I won’t bother with that in the future.
Very interesting and scary article. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Tricycle Rider

Link works okay on my end, thanks for posting this eye-opening and rather perturbing article! I never thought about SEALs and the like doping to get to where they are before, but it makes sense.

Reactions: noob
Link works okay on my end, thanks for posting this eye-opening and rather perturbing article! I never thought about SEALs and the like doping to get to where they are before, but it makes sense.
I would generally prefer SEALS to be doped and overseen by a team of physicians than to not be doped at all, given the nature of their job. It’s already happening discreetly anyway so might as well have it be done professionally and as safely as possible.

I would generally prefer SEALS to be doped and overseen by a team of physicians...
Same here, if it saves lives. But I think the thrust of the article was about BUDs training, hell week, advanced SERE survival and such that UDT-SEAL recruits go through. How several of them are doping just to get through BUDs (the whole program), and hell week, that damn near kills some of them.

Another article, this one talking about how the Navy is hoping to implement drug testing of recruits.

Probably amphetamines. Or at the very least adderall. Are TUEs allowed for that?
Simone Biles had a Tue for adderall.
That said, getting the product of your choice in another country on an intercontinental flight could be problematic, what is the legal status of Adderall in Australia.
I remember that Biles wasn't able to get her meds to Tokyo because they are banned in Japan.

Reactions: Nick2413
Simone Biles had a Tue for adderall.
That said, getting the product of your choice in another country on an intercontinental flight could be problematic, what is the legal status of Adderall in Australia.
I remember that Biles wasn't able to get her meds to Tokyo because they are banned in Japan.
I’m pretty sure you can bring Adderall into Australia under the Travellers Exemption.

I actually think his positive test was from contaminated meat. The substance is used for growth in cattle. He tested for a very small amount (its plausible that it was contamination). And mostly.... people just don't use that substance. Not endurance athletes, not bodybuilders......Nobody.

He is a good rider, and maybe he is doping.....but I don't think his consumption of this particular substance was intentional.

• Haha
Reactions: F_Cance
Aerts is another one of those cases where the rider sounds plausible. He might be banned for two years without taking the substance intentionally. It's a medicine against breast cancer, but body builders use it too because it helps to break down testosterone more slowly.

He was in tears at the press conference. He's letting hair grow, hoping that will help for evidence.

"The substance referred to in the dossier is an authorised substance, found in a nasal spray that is freely available and authorised in competition, if mentioned during a control and when its use is in accordance with the package leaflet. "

a storm ina tea cup. probably just the MPCC guidelines having the rider in non-active status.

at least the twitter anti-dopers have something to retweet and chat about

Reactions: Monte Serra

TRENDING THREADS