• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 134 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apparently the Danish riders (especially Nicki) have been very busy this year. Top-10 over most race-kilometers:

1 Nicki Sørensen - Saxo Bank-SunGard 16.163

2 Jakob Fuglsang - Leopard Trek 16.080

3 Johnny Hoogerland - Vacansoleil-DCM 15.482

4 Lars Ytting Bak - HTC-Highroad 15.467

5 Greg Van Avermaet - BMC Racing Team 15.453

6 Matteo Montaguti - AG2R La Mondiale 15.450

7 Stijn Devolder - Vacansoleil-DCM 15.370

8 Sergey Lagutin - Vacansoleil-DCM 15.293

9 Olivier Kaisen - Omega Pharma-Lotto 15.260

10 Chris Anker Sørensen - Saxo Bank-SunGard 15.148

And now I can't help but thinking what the list would be like if they were purely looking at those pulling the peloton... Have to say I think a certain guy would be a little higher than #4!

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Apparently the Danish riders (especially Nicki) have been very busy this year. Top-10 over most race-kilometers:

And now I can't help but thinking what the list would be like if they were purely looking at those pulling the peloton... Have to say I think a certain guy would be a little higher than #4!

more like

Bak: 12.000 km on the front :p

Michielveedeebee said:
more like

Bak: 12.000 km on the front :p

Yeah! :D

As Dennis Ritter said during the coverage of Paris-Tours At least I think it was P-T, otherwise it was Lombardia. Not that it really matters anyway... when a shot of Lars pulling came up:

"This is the picture of the cycling-season 2011; Lars Bak at the front of the peloton."

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
If Cadel did the Giro-Tour, he would instantly become one of my favourite riders of all time.

Well, I found a translation of the video. Here's the part on the giro.

"Making both Giro and Tour is possibile, but just at 5-to-10%, I don't know. Now I tell you why: if I don't do the Giro I'm sure I'll be fine for the Tour, but if I participate to the Giro and I fail at the Tour, then... If the interval between Giro and Tour was wider, it might be... I would love to race the Giro again, I hope so, we'll see."

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

"Making both Giro and Tour is possibile, but just at 5-to-10%, I don't know. Now I tell you why: if I don't do the Giro I'm sure I'll be fine for the Tour, but if I participate to the Giro and I fail at the Tour, then... If the interval between Giro and Tour was wider, it might be... I would love to race the Giro again, I hope so, we'll see."

The interval between GT is something that could be discussed but I think the current interval is good, winning 2 GT in a row must be something difficult.

Evans should skip Giro this year, he is going to have number 1 and as current champion deserves to be at 100%, In 2013 he should do Giro and Vuelta, the Tour seems to be brutal in mountain terms, Schlecks territory with powerfull teammates.

jens_attacks said:
the hitch's wettest dream:p

Dont be silly. I like to hype Samu, and I have a high opinion of Contador but that team wouldnt be a good idea. Keep Sanchez at EE and Contador at Saxo thank you very much.

auscyclefan94 said:

Sounds like what Contador said. He aint doing the Giro.

I agree that it could be a wider gap though. Moving the Giro a week earlier and the Tour a week later would still make them May and July races. Might even allow LBL form to be carried into Giro. And Vuelta wont matter getting moved a week later either. It will still be hot as hell.

Forunculo said:
The interval between GT is something that could be discussed but I think the current interval is good, winning 2 GT in a row must be something difficult.

Evans should skip Giro this year, he is going to have number 1 and as current champion deserves to be at 100%, In 2013 he should do Giro and Vuelta, the Tour seems to be brutal in mountain terms, Schlecks territory with powerfull teammates.

Yeah that sounds like a good plan, but Evans aint skipping no Tour in 2013 either. He brings the interest for the Ozzies (regardless of what Porte and Meyer hype threads suggest:p)

He could do Tour Vuelta, 2012 then Giro Tour 2013.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Arnout said:
Nah, he won't. He shouldn't either.

But Samu is the kind of guy that says "Yeah, maybe" "I hope so" "will look for my chances" "happy to be here" to every question, its remarkable really how bland he is in front of the camera.

He looks like a 60 year old in front of the camera with his hairstyle :eek:

Sorry if I'm spamming...

Seems like someone has a bit of a side-career: :p

Come join Google to hear Lars Bak - mastermind behind the Google Chrome V8 engine - speak about his exciting career path in Google, sharing the start up aspect of the company and how he has been thriving in this innovative and entrepreneurialenvironment.

Seriously I had to use a few secs to figure it's probably, as in with I'll be so bold so say with 100% certainity, not the bike rider...