• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 176 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Cav would have won the Worlds even if he was wearing this thing

pAN5x.jpg

And he will own this season regardless of what helmet he is wearing or how thick you think his midsection is in January photos.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Cav would have won the Worlds even if he was wearing this thing

pAN5x.jpg

And he will own this season regardless of what helmet he is wearing or how thick you think his midsection is in January photos.

Yep, he'll own the WC this year. GB is the best cycling nation in the world after all.

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
maltiv said:
From the live chat with Cavendish:

"

Well, that settles it then! A normal guy would've replied with some diplomatic "I respect him as an opponent and he's a great sprinter" or something like that but obviously not Cavendish :p

I know it's not to everyone's taste, but this is one of the reasons I like him. He's not afraid to speak his mind, and as he has the utter self confidence that he is the best sprinter in the world (which he is) and isn't afraid to say so. However, one man's self confidence is another's arrogance I admit.

maltiv said:
From the live chat with Cavendish:

"Mark do you think Marcel Kittel will be faster than you this year?"

Cavendish: "No.

Well, that settles it then! A normal guy would've replied with some diplomatic "I respect him as an opponent and he's a great sprinter" or something like that but obviously not Cavendish :p

meh - I like his directness and his confidence here. He wasnt putting him down or anything else, just being confident in his own abilities.

Dont get me wrong - mostly I think he is a tosser .... but sprinters are pretty arrogant normally, and Cav more so than most. But I wouldnt even bother to sledge him for this.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Poor Aussies you guys should really get Eurosport its great. Shows most of the world tour events. And my time zone is great. the races are all in the night and end at about 11:D

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
Poor Aussies you guys should really get Eurosport its great. Shows most of the world tour events. And my time zone is great. the races are all in the night and end at about 11:D

Aye, eurosport player is not that expensive if you cannot get in on your television.