• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
There were quite a few eyebrows knitted, when Alexander Serov and Alexei Markov this season had no contract provision to Katusha.
Now, little by little the can of worms is opened.

Markov would not have taken it too closely with the professional life of cycling, while Serov didn't show up on the first training camp.
He himself says that his passport wasn't in order, so he was unable to cross the border in to Italy and left his bags at home. The team doubted this claim.

The two now are running for the national team of Russia on the piste. Serov recently became Russian winter champion in individual pursuit. Cyclismag

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
New Astana website

It says it won't be operational until March, but this is the address for the new Team Astana website (Per press release from AlbertoContador.com)

http://www.astana.lu/

I kind of wish someone would see if the old site paid for the use of the song for the slideshow, but as they used to say on Boston Legal, bygones.

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
9000ft said:
How do you know they are not? Some of those drag queens are pretty convincing. Whoever is on the podium in Amsterdam should be very suspicious if one of the podium girls is named "Lola"

I guess I would have to obtain a contract with one of the participating teams, get elected for the giro squad, win the prologue and then sleep with the podium girls.

Don't worry I'm on it

May 6, 2009
Visit site
At the Italian NRRC, the riders will climb the Ca' del Poggio, 11 times in the race (11 laps in total), which is 1.3km long and an average gradient of 15%. They are held in Treviso (home of Pinarello). The sad thing is that it comes only 1.5km in each lap so it is not enough to decide the race.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
At the Italian NRRC, the riders will climb the Ca' del Poggio, 11 times in the race (11 laps in total), which is 1.3km long and an average gradient of 15%. They are held in Treviso (home of Pinarello). The sad thing is that it comes only 1.5km in each lap so it is not enough to decide the race.

At least it will make a reasonable selection...

TRENDING THREADS