General News Thread

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Rinaldo Nocentini - AG2R - crashed today at GP Insubria and has sustained a fracture to his leg. Big blow for AG2R after his win in Haut Var last week.
 

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
780
0
0
thehog said:
I have never felt as negatively towards bruyneel as many here do. And I certainly felt that Lance had really messed up Astana despite Bruyneel's good intentions for AC.

Until I listened to this outrage of an interview in JB's own words. What a piece of slime, and that is being kind.

Just about everything he says flies in the face and contradicts his OWN words from the past. This guy has just as little class as LA and I used to think he had at least a little class, unlike LA.

All of this hate towards AC does is elevate AC's stature as someone gifted enough and centered enough to, at least thus far, not be dragged into their little soap opera.

I don't think I have been nearly emphatic enough. This interview literally turned my stomach.

:mad:
 
ravens said:
I have never felt as negatively towards bruyneel as many here do. And I certainly felt that Lance had really messed up Astana despite Bruyneel's good intentions for AC.

Until I listened to this outrage of an interview in JB's own words. What a piece of slime, and that is being kind.

Just about everything he says flies in the face and contradicts his OWN words from the past. This guy has just as little class as LA and I used to think he had at least a little class, unlike LA.

All of this hate towards AC does is elevate AC's stature as someone gifted enough and centered enough to, at least thus far, not be dragged into their little soap opera.

I don't think I have been nearly emphatic enough. This interview literally turned my stomach.

:mad:
Bruyneel's duplicity really is breathtaking. I wonder if he believes in karma.
 

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
780
0
0
Publicus said:
Bruyneel's duplicity really is breathtaking. I wonder if he believes in karma.
I am so annoyed, some of my sentences in the post were all facked up, and I usually am obsessive about it.
 

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
3,171
0
0
Oscar Niño Sevilla (Rock Racing), líder 2009-2010 UCI America Tour Rankings (25.02.2010)

1 Oscar SEVILLA España 127 puntos.
2 Nery Felipe VELASQUEZ Guatemala 108
3 Gregorio LADINO Colombia 106
4 José ALARCON Venezuela 99
5 Arnold ALCOLEA Cuba 92
6 Juan Carlos ROJAS Costa Rica 91
7 Fernando CAMARGO Colombia 82
8 Javier Alexis ACEVEDO Colombia 78.66
9 Jose Rodolfo SERPA Colombia AND 76
10 Michael RASMUSSEN Dinamarca MIE 75
11 Libardo NINO Colombia 72
12 Byron GUAMA Ecuador VMC 70
13 Gregory OBANDO Costa Rica VMC 67.66
14 José RUJANO Venezuela ISD 64.4
15 Miguel UBETO Venezuela 60.6
16 Javier BENITEZ España 59
17 Hernan CLINE Uruguay 51
18 Jackson RODRIGUEZ Venezuela AND 43
19 Segundo NAVARRETE Ecuador 41
20 Jose Alirio CONTRERAS Venezuela 39
21 Magno Prado NAZARET Brasil SCJ 38
22 Joel MARINO Cuba 38
23 Alberto LODDO Italia AND 37
24 Richard MASCARANAS Uruguay 36
25 Luciano André PAGLIARINI Brasil SCJ 33
26 José Adrian BONILLA Costa Rica 32.66
27 Wilmer BRAVO Venezuela 32
28 Julian RODAS Colombia 31
29 Ryan ROTH Canadá CSM 30
30 Jonathan CAMARGO Venezuela 30

http://www.uciamericatour.com/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template3/layout.asp?MenuId=MjAzNw&LangId=1

Next in line la Vuelta al Valle starting tomorrow (3-7 March) with Sevilla, Botero, Marlon Pérez, Duarte, Cárdenas, Peña...

© DoesAnybodyOutThereEvenCare
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,274
1
0
Dwars door Vlaanderen pulls BMC wildcard

Odd one this. Apparently BMC asked the organiser(s) of DdV for a wildcard and got one. When BMC send in their line-up (no Ballan, Burghardt or Hincapie) the organisation got mad and decided to pull the wildcard and instead give it to......drumroll.......Xacobeo (!?).

What the hell are they thinking?
For the organisers: They have a great race, but it's not exactly the Tour of Flanders. Seems outrageous to demand big names at the start. Picking Xacobeo just seems like a little jab at BMC.

For BMC: Why not even send 1 good guy? It's still a pretty good race, QSi and Pharma always send strong teams, it's not some 1.3 race.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
ak-zaaf said:
Dwars door Vlaanderen pulls BMC wildcard

Odd one this. Apparently BMC asked the organiser(s) of DdV for a wildcard and got one. When BMC send in their line-up (no Ballan, Burghardt or Hincapie) the organisation got mad and decided to pull the wildcard and instead give it to......drumroll.......Xacobeo (!?).

What the hell are they thinking?
For the organisers: They have a great race, but it's not exactly the Tour of Flanders. Seems outrageous to demand big names at the start. Picking Xacobeo just seems like a little jab at BMC.

For BMC: Why not even send 1 good guy? It's still a pretty good race, QSi and Pharma always send strong teams, it's not some 1.3 race.
surprised bmc didnt think it would be good enough even for a training run for those guys towards flanders/roubaix.. good on the organisers for standing up and saying the squad wasnt good enough though.
 
May 6, 2009
8,522
1
0
ak-zaaf said:
Dwars door Vlaanderen pulls BMC wildcard

Odd one this. Apparently BMC asked the organiser(s) of DdV for a wildcard and got one. When BMC send in their line-up (no Ballan, Burghardt or Hincapie) the organisation got mad and decided to pull the wildcard and instead give it to......drumroll.......Xacobeo (!?).

What the hell are they thinking?
For the organisers: They have a great race, but it's not exactly the Tour of Flanders. Seems outrageous to demand big names at the start. Picking Xacobeo just seems like a little jab at BMC.

For BMC: Why not even send 1 good guy? It's still a pretty good race, QSi and Pharma always send strong teams, it's not some 1.3 race.
What a random team selection.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
dimspace said:
surprised bmc didnt think it would be good enough even for a training run for those guys towards flanders/roubaix.. good on the organisers for standing up and saying the squad wasnt good enough though.
It's a little drastic, but I agree with their decision. I mean it's a little disrespectful towards the race organizers.

And yeah I can't understand why none of the big riders could have made an appearance, it would benefit their preparation for flanders. ahwell.

Xacobeo is an odd entry, surprised they'd even wanna ride this. Mosquera for the win maybe ? :D
 
Mar 18, 2009
1,844
1
0
ak-zaaf said:
Dwars door Vlaanderen pulls BMC wildcard

Odd one this. Apparently BMC asked the organiser(s) of DdV for a wildcard and got one. When BMC send in their line-up (no Ballan, Burghardt or Hincapie) the organisation got mad and decided to pull the wildcard and instead give it to......drumroll.......Xacobeo (!?).

What the hell are they thinking?
For the organisers: They have a great race, but it's not exactly the Tour of Flanders. Seems outrageous to demand big names at the start. Picking Xacobeo just seems like a little jab at BMC.

For BMC: Why not even send 1 good guy? It's still a pretty good race, QSi and Pharma always send strong teams, it's not some 1.3 race.
Could there be more to it? Something we don't know??? Does seem a little off...but what team was BMC sending???
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,274
1
0
TRDean said:
Could there be more to it? Something we don't know??? Does seem a little off...but what team was BMC sending???
He didn't say, just that they wanted to send a "third-rate team".
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
thehog said:
Now that is interesting. I suspect recent events have pushed her over the edge. All that good work she started has been pushed aside for the UCILA inc.
Yeh, surprised nobody else even noticed.. too preoccupied with Brad and Lance i guess.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS