• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 230 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Pieter Serry (Topsport Vlaanderen) likely to join Omega-Pharma-Quickstep next season.

Turned down offers from Vacansoleil-DCM en Garmin-Barracuda...

Jelle Wallays (Topsport Vlaanderen) likely the next one to sign for lefevre's team..

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Normandy said:
As someone said on twitter if Ouchowicz has been concerned about Hushovd health for some months why did BMC force Thor to do the giro, so soon after classics with no respite? Why did BMC not check him then? If Hushovd had prepared like he does for Tdf in all the past years, he would have had time to recover for July.

He appears to have been in a no win situation. If he had done full Giro, to tired for Tour would have been BMC excuse. As he had to drop out of giro, gets dropped for Tour for not being fit enough. I think the BMC/Cadel never had any intention of letting him do the tour, but created the situation to make it Hushovds fault not BMC/Cadel.

I am surprised the Hog has not been on here to say I told you so,and raised the BMC in disarray thread again. I think I might be in agreement with him again.

lol what disarray.
Hushovd not being in le tour can only help BMC.
Now they can concentrate all their efforts on cadel.
An extra domestique will really help.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
WillemS said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere, but apparently Terpstra extended his contract with OPQS with two years. Source: http://nos.nl/artikel/381089-terpstra-verlengt-contract.html

The only thing the source says is:

"Niki Terpstra will also be riding for OPQS for the next two years. The 28-year old has reached a verbal agreement with the team's manager Patrick Lefèvere"

That's all.

That's good news.

maltiv said:
Lars Petter Nordhaug has offers from Rabobank, Omega Pharma Quickstep and one more team (in addition to Sky) for next year. Apparently he has been offered a wage that's about 5 times higher than what he was earning this year.

Source: http://www.procycling.no/article3413284.ece
Rabobank seems to be the default name that managers mention in order to get a better contract for a rider at their current team.

TRENDING THREADS