• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
Team Columbia-HTC’s line-up for 2010 Tour Down Under: André Greipel (Ger), Michael Rogers (Aus), Bernhard Eisel (Aut), Mark Renshaw (Aus), Matthew Goss (Aus), Marcel Sieberg (Ger) and Hayden Roulston (NZl).

That is going to be one awesome lead out train for Greipel.

I don't know if this has been released anywhere but new DS for Team Sky Marcus Ljungqvist did an interview with the swedish eurosport commentator and got a question about how the Team Sky kit will look like next year. His answer was that it will have a black base with some white and blue features. He commented that kits always look good when there is only one sponsor that dominates the kit.

It sounds similar to the SKY+HD jersey.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
I'm surprised that nobody seems to have picked this up.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/boogerd-returns-to-peloton-with-new-continental-team
Where are our Dutch posters?

I am 6 hours behind Europe ;)

However, I think because it hasn't materialized properly yet, we/I don't really know what to say about it. Although I must admit that I like the initiative of creating another dutch team.

The thing is, Boogerd and Marco Goudswaard (from wielerland.nl) are going to approach potential sponsors and donors to generate at least 500.000E. Only if they achieve this, we can start talking about a future (2011) team. So there are a still some ifs and buts...

Boogerd has expressed the desire to grow this team into a PT team at one point in the future. I hope he does it the traditional way, instead of following the queue jumping suit.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
I'm surprised that nobody seems to have picked this up.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/boogerd-returns-to-peloton-with-new-continental-team
Where are our Dutch posters?

I put it in the transfers thread. In the meantime:

Giro d'Italia considers start in Washington DC - cyclingnews.com

laugh.gif

If it is impossible for ASO to get a TdF start in Gaudeloupe, which they tried to do for the 2000 edition, then there is no chance for a Washington DC start.

In the words of Darryl Kerrigan (link: "Tell him he's dreaming". Although that said, you shouldn't fault a man for dreaming. I for one wish to sleep with Megan Fox, but I know it is never going to happen (short of wiping out all my rivals, which will be the vast majority of men on this plant).

EDIT: Somebody is going to tell me November 4 is the new April 1 and I havee been taken for a mooch?

Samu is focusing solely on the Tour next year and says he wants to podium:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sanchez-to-target-tour-podium-in-2010

personally, i think that's a bad idea for sammy. if he were to ride the vuelta again he would have a serious chance of winning and at least getting on the podium like he has the last two years he's ridden the vuelta, whereas he was sixth at the tour in 08. i just don't know if samu is a good enough climber to say with the likes of AC and AS

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
F. Schleck spontaneously proposed to his girlfriend Martine in Willemstad, Curacao last night. She didn't seem to mind missing him for 3 weeks on an annual basis in July, and agreed to the proposal. Some of the riders present, amongst them Contador, shared a toast to the celebrate the event.

I wonder if 'Gunador' will give him a nice present upcoming season...

Source de Telegraaf

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
F. Schleck spontaneously proposed to his girlfriend Martine in Willemstad, Curacao last night. She didn't seem to mind missing him for 3 weeks on an annual basis in July, and agreed to the proposal. Some of the riders present, amongst them Contador, shared a toast to the celebrate the event.

I wonder if 'Gunador' will give him a nice present upcoming season...

Source de Telegraaf

Congratulations Frank!!! All happiness for you and your fiance.

Needs a bump, so hows this.

Seems that the Shack are only doing two GT's, next year and are giving the Giro a miss.
USPS reborn! Very useful these PT passes.
So, we have gone from: "I would love to do the Giro again, as it's great prep for the Tour." to a total no show.

Still, at their age, they need to take things easy.

Must mean big things for Cali.

Another reason for cycling not to become overly reliant upon the $.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Needs a bump, so hows this.

Seems that the Shack are only doing two GT's, next year and are giving the Giro a miss.
USPS reborn! Very useful these PT passes.
So, we have gone from: "I would love to do the Giro again, as it's great prep for the Tour." to a total no show.

Still, at their age, they need to take things easy.

Must mean big things for Cali.

Another reason for cycling not to become overly reliant upon the $.

If Shack finishes 1-2-3 in Cali that would make that race look like a joke.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
But according to Stapleton the ToC is a Grand Tour, so they are not missing anything by not riding the Giro. I would believe that if my IQ was lower then the '11 tooth sprocket at the back of my bike.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
He really said that?
What an idiot. Disrespectful to a lot of more important stage races that actually have a history.

Indeed he did. Considering his sponsor is Columbia, he kind of has to say moronic things like that. Oh well.

TRENDING THREADS