• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
However, if Vacansoleil gets it in their mind to sign Devolder I seriously stop my support for that team. Devolder is like the ultimate jackass

Can you explain...why is he a jackass? Not being smart..just curious.

Oh I don't know, the constant claiming he would ride top 3 Vuelta and not even finish the race, then claiming he could do top 10 in the Tour and not even finishing the race.
Always coming up with tons of excuses when he loses and this year was the worst, never riding good, claiming he'll be good in Flanders, and finally performing nothing.
Probably that :eek:

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Stages & Profiles for Dauphine Libere

A 50 Km TT and an Alpe d'Huez finish. Profiles at the link.

Stages:
Prologue: Evian - 6.5 km

Step 1: Evian-Saint-Laurent-du-Pont - 170 km

Step 2: Annonay - Bourg-Saint-Andéol - 181 km

Step 3: Monteux - sorghum - 50 km - Individual Time Trial

Stage 4: Saint-Paul-Trois-Chateaux - Risoul - 205 km. Montaña Mountain

Stage 5: Serre-Chevalier - Grenoble - 147 km. Montaña Mountain

Stage 6: Crolles - Alpe D'Huez - 156 km. Montaña. Mountain.

Stage 7: Allevard - Sallanches - 167 km

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=25262

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
A 50 Km TT and an Alpe d'Huez finish. Profiles at the link.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=25262

Hopefully it'll be good.

I'm starved for good lower level mountain/TT stage races, since Romandie decided to chuck the mountains out the window and the organizers of the Swiss Tour decided they wanted to make sure Cancellara wins every year.

Oh if only Cancellara wasn't swiss, we'd still have one of the coolest races in the calendar being....well, cool

apologies for the rant

issoisso said:
Hopefully it'll be good.

I'm starved for good lower level mountain/TT stage races, since Romandie decided to chuck the mountains out the window and the organizers of the Swiss Tour decided they wanted to make sure Cancellara wins every year.

Oh if only Cancellara wasn't swiss, we'd still have one of the coolest races in the calendar being....well, cool

apologies for the rant
To be fair to them, they've included the Albulapass this year. Not sure if Cancellara can limit the damage there.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
To be fair to them, they've included the Albulapass this year. Not sure if Cancellara can limit the damage there.

I think he'll do fine there. It's a steady incline power climb, so maybe he can do it.

I don't think he'll be the main favourite, but the thing is, he wouldn't have a hope in hell in previous years, and they ruined the course for the sake of it.

Romandie hurts me just as much, to be honest. It used to be so good :(

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
Poor Alexander Kristoff, neo-pro with BMC, was to go home to norway today and a break from racing, but since the planes are not allowed to take off because of the volcanic ashes from Iceland, he has to race Amstel Gold Race instead.

http://bit.ly/a0oHBD

He's replacing Burghardt i thought because he had heal soreness. He's not doing fleche. Some those guys would not of been doing that race but due to Santambrogio (strong in ardennes classics) and ballan they now have to fill a whole.

Btw, bmc's squad for fleche
Flèche Wallonne Roster – April 21
Brent Bookwalter (USA), Cadel Evans (AUS), Mathias Frank (SWI), Karsten Kroon (NED), Jeff Louder (USA), Steve Morabito (SWI), Jackson Stewart (USA), Simon Zahner (SWI).

May 6, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Hopefully it'll be good.

apologies for the rant

Never, ever, apolgise for a rant. You're right though, it does become bit of a snooze fest, like last year's edition. You would think only Saxo Bank and Columbia were the only teams that turned up.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Rabobank for the Giro:

Rick Flens, Koos Moerenhout, Bauke Mollema, Jos van Emden, Pieter Weening (Ned), Mauricio Ardila (Col), Graeme Brown (Aus), Oscar Freire (Spa) en Dmitriy Kozontchuk (Rus).

interesting. Not a bad team I guess, not too great either.
Hopefully mollema can peak for this.

after seeing this we can assume clement, posthuma and niermann are even more likely to be at the tour.

TRENDING THREADS