• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 484 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The ITT looks a joke again, consediring it will be the same as women I fear something like ~28/32 kms or even less since is only a city circuit whereas the road race is better than the expected (almost) pan flat route but the city circuit at the end could be either good (triggering action from far out) or bad (in case of no selection before will favour an end in a mass sprint), the latter especially if repeated a couple of times.

The ITT looks a joke again, consediring it will be the same as women I fear something like ~28/32 kms or even less since is only a city circuit whereas the road race is better than the expected (almost) pan flat route but the city circuit at the end could be either good (triggering action from far out) or bad (in case of no selection before will favour an end in a mass sprint), the latter especially if repeated a couple of times.

Here we go again.

World's parcour to be released tomorrow - Ewan will be disappointed.
Wollongong is a much better worlds circuit for Ewan than the previous few. Mt Keira won't be hard to enough to drop Ewan and it comes early in the race and the circuits that include Mt Pleasant are not that hard. He usually handles the short steep climbs like Mt Pleasant and the top of the final climb is 8 kms from the finish.

Wollongong is a much better worlds circuit for Ewan than the previous few. Mt Keira won't be hard to enough to drop Ewan and it comes early in the race and the circuits that include Mt Pleasant are not that hard. He usually handles the short steep climbs like Mt Pleasant and the top of the final climb is 8 kms from the finish.

We still don't have the actual profile, so there's still a chance that Mt Keira will be ridden more than once.

We still don't have the actual profile, so there's still a chance that Mt Keira will be ridden more than once.

I believe the course is 27km initial section + 34 km Mt Keira lap + 12x 17.5 km final lap as previously stated here

Sounds like it won't be but even so Mt Keira is a pimple for the pro riders, they will fly up there, the only steep part is in the first km. I think Ewan and Matthews won't mind the Wollongong course at all. I think its a race for sprinters than can climb. Apart from Mt Pleasant the rest of the city circuit is very flat.

I believe the course is 27km initial section + 34 km Mt Keira lap + 12x 17.5 km final lap as previously stated here

I think I was the one who initially referenced that articlle in here, though it made it sound like it would be a bit easier than what appears to be the case. It won't be easy for Ewan, cause the final climb is not as pleasant for him as the Poggio in terms of gradients (so the answer was yes, toby). We also saw him struggle on the short climbs in Leuven, though he wasn't at his absolute peak that day.

It still isn't confirmed though, but it does sound like the UCI has been very keen on making the city circuit the main attraction, so there probably won't be any changes in the end.

Reactions: tobydawq

Even if they only do one circuit of Mt Keira which is unlikely that's still around 3000 metres of climbing - They do two or more circuits of Mt Keira then the climbing could be around 3500m - As a point of reference, the World's course in 2021 featured 2500m of climbing which was raced hard and split the peleton.

The ITT profile seems well suited to Ganna with it being fairly flat and technical featuring 27 corners.

Last edited:
I think I was the one who initially referenced that articlle in here, though it made it sound like it would be a bit easier than what appears to be the case. It won't be easy for Ewan, cause the final climb is not as pleasant for him as the Poggio in terms of gradients (so the answer was yes, toby). We also saw him struggle on the short climbs in Leuven, though he wasn't at his absolute peak that day.

It still isn't confirmed though, but it does sound like the UCI has been very keen on making the city circuit the main attraction, so there probably won't be any changes in the end.
The city circuit is mostly going through the suburbs and its only in the last km it gets back to the seaside. The Mt Keira loop is much more tourist photo friendly and the start down the coast before they get to the the first climb will provide plenty of scenery for the helicopters.

TRENDING THREADS