• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 515 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
New Eschborn route is definitely better than the previous one but the final stretch after Mammolshain is still too long. 41km or 36km barely matters, <15km and we have a deal. But I know, they won't finish that far out due to sponsoring reasons.
Still, it's an improvement and will be interesting to see which sprinter will be able to get over Felderberg twice.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Ok, the route of the Tour of the Alpes has been unveiled and this time it's a really hard one.
FguGd1KX0AAwuwF

lunedì 17 aprile - 1a tappa - Rottenberg-Alpbach km 127,5 - dislivello 2.470 m - ***
martedì 18 aprile - 2a tappa - Reith im Alpbachtal-Renon km 165,2 - dislivello 2.860 m - **
mercoledì 19 aprile - 3a tappa - Renon-Brentonico San Valentino km 162,5 - dislivello 2.940 m - ***
giovedì 20 aprile - 4a tappa - Rovereto-Predazzo km 152,9 -dislivello 3.610 m - ****
venerdì 21 aprile - 5a tappa - Cavalese-Brunico km 144,4 - dislivello 2.910 m - ***

Stage 1 features the Kerschbaumer Sattel before the final short climb to Alpbach, 5km at 10.7%.
kerschbaumer-sattel-bruck-am-ziller.png

Stage 2 is a MTF on the Ritten via Barbian, with the finish inside the Reith Arena, the famous speedskating arena/ice stadium that all speedskating fans (mainly the Dutch) know.
The climb is irregular and the short descents are technical
AunaDiSopraNE.gif

Stage 3 is a hard MTF on Passo San Valentino (1.kms at 7.5%) after Lago di Cei.

On the last stage you have this as the final climb after a short climb up to Pfalzen before the final downhill finish in Bruneck:
MontassiloneN.gif

Yeah, that climb is just steep and nasty, followed by 7kms of rolling terrain before the actual descent starts, that one is also steep and shouldn't be underestimated. As you can see the final climb is waaay harder than the official profile suggests.

Where do all of you non-North Americans go to post about the World Cup? Or maybe you don’t need a chat forum to find someone to to talk with about the matches (unlike we do for a niche sport like cycling). There isn’t even a Qatar22 thread in the non-cycling discussions forum. I know I can follow various Twitter threads, but I’ve come to respect/enjoy the opinions of posters here, and would prefer that to random posters on other sites. Thanks.

Where do all of you non-North Americans go to post about the World Cup? Or maybe you don’t need a chat forum to find someone to to talk with about the matches (unlike we do for a niche sport like cycling). There isn’t even a Qatar22 thread in the non-cycling discussions forum. I know I can follow various Twitter threads, but I’ve come to respect/enjoy the opinions of posters here, and would prefer that to random posters on other sites. Thanks.

I think they talk about it the Real Football thread. (That's a thread for real football, not a thread for football that's real.)

Last edited:

I didn't know there was a World Cup of Cycling? It's in Qatar? Is it a flat or flatter course? I wonder about the crosswinds.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/ArcticRaceofN/status/1597903345254952961

After being barely in the Artic last year, we move far north into the Artic. At least it’s staying true to the name.
Although now rivalled by the Tour of Hellas as most aesthetically pleasing race on the calendar, great route design. The last time the race went through Alta was 2018, which is easily one of the most underrated stage races in recent memory. Echelons everyday through the fjords.

TRENDING THREADS