• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 52 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
No Shack Piemonte although it was on Bruyneels latest updated to do wish list again a sign on the wall:rolleyes: > [http://johanbruyneel.com/schedule.html]
showimg.php

25 squadre invitate al Giro di Lombardia - Teams for Piemonte:

➢ AG2R LA MONDIALE (FRA)
➢ ASTANA (KAZ)
➢ CAISSE D’EPARGNE (SPA)
➢ GARMIN – TRANSITIONS (USA)
➢ LAMPRE – VINI FARNESE (ITA)
➢ LIQUIGAS – DOIMO (ITA)
➢ OMEGA PHARMA – LOTTO (BEL)
➢ QUICK STEP (BEL)
➢ RABOBANK (OLA)
➢ SKY PROFESSIONAL CYCLING TEAM (GBR)
➢ TEAM HTC COLUMBIA (USA)
➢ TEAM KATUSHA (RUS)
➢ TEAM SAXO BANK (DAN)
➢ ACQUA E SAPONE – D’ANGELO & ANTENUCCI (ITA)
➢ ANDRONI GIOCATTOLI – SERRAMENTI PVC DIQUIGIOVANNI (ITA)
➢ BMC RACING TEAM (USA)
➢ CERVELO TEST TEAM (SVI)
➢ COFIDIS, LE CREDIT EN LIGNE (FRA)
➢ COLNAGO – CSF INOX (IRL)
➢ ISD – NERI (ITA)

Vancansoleil by the way also no invite or what, despite the Cobra signing.

http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/index.php?page=news&cod=32464&tp=n

craig1985 said:
English/google translation:

The compulsory transfer of seven runners at Cervélo Team Garmin-Transitions in 2011 will not only block the arrival of neo-pros like Ramunas Navardauskas (VC La Pomme Marseille), but also lead to the departure of riders, even under contract. According to our information, the direction of Garmin to make a clean, prompted several teammates to terminate their contract and is currently studying the conditions of their departure. In all, nearly a third of the workforce will be reshaped since Le Mevel (JDF) is also expected to join the American team.
According to a press release issued last week by Garmin, the seven recruits from Cervélo will Hushovd, Haussler, Hammond, Klier, Lancaster, Lloyd and Rasch.

This is really bad news for a lot of riders. Most of the Cervelo squad have found themselves abruptly surplus to requirements and now, for basically the same reason, a few Garmin riders will too.

I think that the article is likely to be wrong about the neo-pros though. A Pro-Tour team is allowed two of them in addition to their 28 rider roster. And, obviously none of the people coming across from Cervelo will be first year professionals, so at least two of them will still be taken on.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Can Vacansoleil still get rid of Ricco? It doesn't seem to be helping. The reason they didn't get an invite has to be Ricco... they were among the animators of the race last year.

They also didn't get an invite without Ricco. Perhaps the sponsors Vacansoleil should of thrown their lot in with Lance Armstrong.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
? I'm talking about the Giro di Lombardia here. I really don't see how they could be shunned except for having signed Ricco.

Not inviting them wasn't a problem before Ricco signed. Signing him might have made or more or less likely to invite them. But we don't know. All we know is the result didn't change.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Dutchsmurf said:
Not inviting them wasn't a problem before Ricco signed. Signing him might have made or more or less likely to invite them. But we don't know. All we know is the result didn't change.

meh, last season they got a wc for it, so it's solid speculation by youngest.
i find it odd also. Doesn't bode well for the giro, but the organizers maybe just wanted to keep ricco out for this season.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Jamsque said:
If he's sensible he'll ride the Tour for stage wins and the Vuelta for GC.

DO you really think he will do that, I estimate the chances of him doing that to be very slim. But they will have TGBM in the tour team probably, so Rabo already has won next year tour, so perhaps he will do the Vuelta for GC;)

Barrus said:
DO you really think he will do that, I estimate the chances of him doing that to be very slim. But they will have TGBM in the tour team probably, so Rabo already has won next year tour, so perhaps he will do the Vuelta for GC;)

There is no way TGBM will beat the Inter-Sagan Xpress in the Tour next year;)

Gesink is not like Menchov.

Gesink has a very high base level and less margin of improvement on peak form. Of course he will be less good in the Vuelta if he is top in the Tour.
But he won't be terrible or completely off like Menchov or others.

TBH I don't think Gesink was at top level in this years Tour de France, his level in the Tour de Suisse was higher.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
TBH I don't think Gesink was at top level in this years Tour de France, his level in the Tour de Suisse was higher.

he wasn't (he was better at the vuelta last year). I doubt the injury helped, but I agree he might have peaked too early.

TRENDING THREADS