• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
Well Van Avermaet himself said to Sporza last year he'd start focussing on the ardennes. He claims he's suited better for those hills than for the cobbles.

I guess it is time for him to focus on something instead of a guy who can sprint well, ride the cobbles well & ride the hills well.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Last stage of Paris-Nice announced:

We now know the complete parcours of this year's Paris-Nice. The last unknown stage was announced today and will go from Saint-Symphorien-sur-Croise (Ardèche) to Vernoux en Vivarais (Ardèche) on Thursday, March 10th.

Also, the ITT on March 11th will not be a city-parcours in Aix-en-Provence (I was already wondering how they were going to do that), but will go from Rognes to Puyricard. Both of those towns are very close to Aix. Google Earth says the distance between the towns is 13 km. However I assume they will go all the way down to Aix and then go back up.
The interesting thing is that, generally speaking, there is a descent all the way from Rognes to Aix, and there are quite some steep hills to go from Aix to Puyricard; so my guess is it will not be very flat at all! So a possible course could be Rognes-Saint Cannat-Eguilles-Aix-Puyricard.

Maybe they'll even go towards the Mont Saint Victoire, so Le Tholonet and St. Antonin. There is no road to ascend it, but maybe they could go around it, because there are still some nice hills there.

Whole parcours:

Dimanche 6 Mars : Houdan - Houdan (prologue)

Lundi 7 Mars : Monfort-l'Amaury - Amilly

Mardi 8 Mars : Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire - Nuits-Saint-Georges

Mercredi 9 Mars : Crêches-sur-Saône - Belleville

Jeudi 10 Mars : Saint-Symphorien-sur-Coise - Vernoux en Vivarais

Vendredi 11 Mars : Rognes - Puyricard (CLM)

Samedi 12 Mars : Brignoles - Bio

Dimanche 13 Mars : Nice - Nice

En lire d'avantage sur Cyclism'Actu : http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-par..._du_parcours_devoile-11388.html#ixzz19xifR5ju

http://www.marca.com/2011/01/03/ciclismo/1294060620.html

Andrey Amador is in hospital recovering after being attacked whilst out training alone. Two cars pulled up and the occupants attacked the 24-year-old Costa Rican, who attempted to escape on foot but was caught and beaten unconscious. Initially it seemed he had escaped with just bruising, but the following morning he was vomiting and was taken to hospital. Diagnosis includes a shutdown of one of his kidneys and a pulmonary contusion. Amador will continue his recovery at home. Needless to say, his scheduled participation in the Tour de San Luis has been cancelled.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
WoW big delay

03/01/2011 - La nuova Diadora-Pasta Zara-Manhattan si presenterà il 12 marzo

La presentazione del team Diadora-Pasta Zara-Manhattan 2011 avverrà sabato 12 marzo nella sede della Diadora a Caerano San Marco.
crop3.php
[http://diadorapastazara.com]

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Didier Rous quits Europcar after not getting along anymore with Jean René Bernaudau. He might go to Cofidis to replace Francis Van Londersele.

You can read the article here if you want, it is shockingly full of spelling mistakes though :eek:

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
Didier Rous quits Europcar after not getting along anymore with Jean René Bernaudau. He might go to Cofidis to replace Francis Van Londersele.

You can read the article here if you want, it is shockingly full of spelling mistakes though :eek:

Also helps if you can read French :p

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
May 6, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Vacansoleil has been guaranteed participation in the Tour de France, according to Dutch newspaper AD. Manager Daan Luijkx says he's almost sure they'll send a team of attackers/stage hunters, because "that's what we're best at".

Is Ricco welcome or not?

auscyclefan94 said:
Travis Meyer said on a recent interview with Cycling Central that he will be doing close to 100 race days. Bit much for a 21 year old?

Hmm, that would almost take two GTs to pull off. Everyone with 90 race days or over rode at least 2 GTs last year other than Voigt at 104 days with 1 GT and Hoogerland with 94 days and no GTs. At any rate he will be riding most stage races on the program.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering and I know this isn't 'news' as such, but it would be pointless creating a thread for it, is Omar Lombardi (neo-pro for Colnago CSF) related to Giovanni Lombardi? I would guess that it is a common surname in Italy.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Travis Meyer said on a recent interview with Cycling Central that he will be doing close to 100 race days. Bit much for a 21 year old?

Race days..think of how many km's he will log in a car or van to get these..sounds brutal

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Took his own life

DAOTEC said:
Bart Oegema is dead at age 27.

The young Dutch fella was stage winner and 3rd overal in Tour de la Martinique 2006 and Circuit des Ardennes in 2007 was last riding for Team P3 Transfer-Batavus > Vacansoleil rebranded in Vacansoleil-DCM for 2011.

[http://wielerland.nl/index.php]

craig1985 said:
Holy ****?! The guy was two years older then me. RIP and all that.

:( Just released The Kid committed SUICIDE by ... - I'll leave the details for CyclingNews to publish.

TRENDING THREADS