• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 81 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Captain_Cavman said:
Sky have made a very slight amendment to their original primary objective which now reads, "To supply the first Colombian winner of the Tour de France by 2015."

They'll be taking tips from the cricket team and he'll have a British passport by then :rolleyes:

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
al_pacino said:
They'll be taking tips from the cricket team and he'll have a British passport by then :rolleyes:

It goes both ways, we (Britain) lost Brammier and Dan Martin - both Brits but supposedly Irish now.

So at least 2 dropping from Sky next year.. probably Gerrans and one other i presume.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
If Green Edge is serious they will probably poach at least one of Gerrans, Hayman, Sutton and Rogers, and they might have a tilt and Hendo as well for good measure, so Sky is sure to have a few free roster spots. Also Arvesen might retire to a DS position.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Jamsque said:
If Green Edge is serious they will probably poach at least one of Gerrans, Hayman, Sutton and Rogers, and they might have a tilt and Hendo as well for good measure, so Sky is sure to have a few free roster spots. Also Arvesen might retire to a DS position.

Hendo has done a good job but yes maybe he goes. I hope rogers stays for another year though.

Sky should do everything to keep Hayman, so impressive so far in the spring classics/semi classics that man.

Jamsque said:

I would expect most of their riders to be out of a contract after this year unless they came on this year or if they signed longer contracts which I think mainly Wiggins, Löfkvist and EBH did.

I would think that riders like Carlström, Pauwels, Augustyn and Froome might be riders they would let go if they need to make room on the roster. None of them have really shown that much at Sky so far. There might also be teams that would be interested in signing Possoni who has shown some increased talent since moving to Sky so it may come down to how he gets along at Sky and how happy he is with the chances he gets there. Cioni is also starting to get pretty old so who knowns how long he'll keep riding.

All in all there could potentially be lots of places free on the Sky roster next year.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dauphiné Libéré route unveiled: 4 uphill finishes (2 of 2nd category, 1 of the 1st and 1 HC) and 1 ITT of 42, 5 km around Grenoble. See here for more profiles:

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-criterium_du_dauphine_le_parcours_devoile-13964.html

Stage 6:

PROFIL.gif

Stage 7:

PROFIL.gif

Doesn't show the profile of the stage to Lyon, sadly.

I've long since hoped for a finish at the Basilique on the Colline de Fourvières: 1,2km, average 10,2%, peak of 20%. Good for a Tirreno-Adriatico style finish. They could approach it through the cobbled streets of Vieux Lyon too.

In reality I expect they'll have a sprint at Place Bellecour or on the banks of one of the two rivers, though I'd quite like somewhere in the 6ème Arrondissement for nostalgic purposes, as it's somewhere I've visited a lot.

Libertine Seguros said:

I've long since hoped for a finish at the Basilique on the Colline de Fourvières: 1,2km, average 10,2%, peak of 20%. Good for a Tirreno-Adriatico style finish. They could approach it through the cobbled streets of Vieux Lyon too.

In reality I expect they'll have a sprint at Place Bellecour or on the banks of one of the two rivers, though I'd quite like somewhere in the 6ème Arrondissement for nostalgic purposes, as it's somewhere I've visited a lot.
I quote the ASO website:
a short, steep climb in Lyon

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:

I think you might be in luck:

"The summit finishes range from a short, steep climb in Lyon (stage 2) to the relatively easy slopes of Saint-Pierre-de-Chartreuse (stage 1) and the Les Gets station (stage 5), as well as mountains favouring the pure climbers, like the Collet d’Allevard (stage 6) or La Toussuire (stage 7)."

(from cyclingnews)

Christian said:
I think you might be in luck:

"The summit finishes range from a short, steep climb in Lyon (stage 2) to the relatively easy slopes of Saint-Pierre-de-Chartreuse (stage 1) and the Les Gets station (stage 5), as well as mountains favouring the pure climbers, like the Collet d’Allevard (stage 6) or La Toussuire (stage 7)."

(from cyclingnews)

I'm praying for that. My friend and I were there on a bike tour in 2009 (right after the Annecy TT) and we walked our bikes up it. Ugh.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Imagine if they still had their sponsors from last season. They would be Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni -Androni Giocattoli - Costruzione Impianti Petrolchimici Industriali

TRENDING THREADS