• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 86 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
oh yes i remember watching that, I think that was his best result. Got any thoughts on who from BMC can get a win from romandie or the giro. And when is the strade bianche stage?

Stage 5 is the strade bianche stage. Ballan has a good chance there. Stage 1 and two look good for cadel but I doubt he'll win the overall. He hasn't raced for over a month.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Stage 5 is the strade bianche stage. Ballan has a good chance there. Stage 1 and two look good for cadel but I doubt he'll win the overall. He hasn't raced for over a month.

I hope ballan finally gets his first win this year. But evans always seems in good form. DO you think phinney has a chance for the TT. I surely expect to see mauro, ivan and johann in the giro breaks

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
I hope ballan finally gets his first win this year. But evans always seems in good form. DO you think phinney has a chance for the TT. I surely expect to see mauro, ivan and johann in the giro breaks

Ivan's not riding. Phinney has a good chance in the opening tt as it's only 3.5km though he may not have form. They have rode well in tour de suisse last year. Lets hope they do well in romandie.

we better take this discussion to the giro and romandie threads:p

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
random potential option...

So now he got lucky and got potential 7. He grew 6 points in sprint in his first year :rolleyes:

What is this potential, never seen it on my pcm. Trying to get tyler farrar for next year for my bmc. So far kroon has been my best.

super news(for me at least):

EUROSPORT WILL MAKE A SPECIAL COVERAGE “InSIDE ASTANA TEAM” DURING GIRO & TOUR

Pro Team Astana signed a contract with world-known channel "Eurosport" with the duration from 1.05.11 till 31.07.11. During this period Eurosport will pay special attention to Pro Team Astana.

The focus will be on Giro d'Italia and Tour de France. During these big races the people from Eurosport (reporter + cameraman) will be every day with the team. From the beginning till the end of each of this two Grand Tours special movie "Inside Team Astana" will be broadcasted on Eurosport before each stage every day.

http://astanafans.com/pro-team-astana-pr.html#more-48471

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been reported somewhere, I'm not even sure I heard the announcers correctly today, but I think Thierry Adam of France 3 said today that Omega Pharma and Lotto will go seperate ways at the end of the season

Christian said:
A new climb for the Giro:

According to cyclim'actu.net Zomegnan wants to integrate the "Stentaria" climb, not far from Zoncolan. This climb is 10,5 km with an average of 16% and a final part of 28%. So far it has not been used because there is not a fully asphalted road, but it could be on the menu in two or 3 years.

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-giro_un_nouveau_terrible_col_bientot_au_programme-14814.html

:rolleyes:
Dude... that news was posted literally two messages above your own.

10011.gif

TRENDING THREADS