• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 89 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Yes, that approach is really working for Menchov and Posthuma right now :p

And don't give me that Nick Nuyens "I feel so liberated" bullcrap. Everyone gets lucky sometimes.

Nuyens has repeately said he isn't much stronger than when he was on Rabo you know ;) Never heard him diss Rabo after he left. But he does say Riis put a lot of fait in him and that motivated him. And that the team spirit is stronger over there.

And to be fair, Menchov's season has yet to start. He has never done much outside GTs anyway.

hatcher said:
Michael Rogers has disappeared from the Sky startlist for Tour of California.
Looks like they're sending him to Bayern instead, probably because of his problems lately with viruses etc. Actually, if you look at their squad for Bayern it's insanely good...no idea why they're sending a much stronger squad to bayern than to california.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Belgium's biggest (and national) telephone (/internet/digital television) company Belgacom won't co-sponsor the new Lotto team after Omega Pharma leaving next year.
The asked amount of €4,5 mil is too high...

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
They just had bad luck with their purchases like mentally weak cyclists(Rujano and the whole manager conflict was a joke), buying riders that got caught doping right before they bought em(Schumi), etc

Quickstep doesn't hinder someone. Paolo Bettini never left Quickstep for a reason, until the final year, he liked it there. Nuyens, Garate, Pozzato, Giovanni Visconti, etc all did well there.

Ryaguas said:
YES PLZ!!!!!!

Riccó close to comeback with Amore&Vita...!!!! (Spanish)

I really want him to comeback!!! just Image the face in the peloton seeing him comeback! hahahaha
But seriously... The peloton is a boring place without him also cycling need personalities like him and not carebears namely the c0cky c0ck and the schlecks...
Well hope that He signs as soon as possible ;)
Kinda selfish of you to want Riccò to come back, don't you think? The kid's going to end up badly if he doesn't keep his distance from the sport.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Kinda selfish of you to want Riccò to come back, don't you think? The kid's going to end up badly if he doesn't keep his distance from the sport.

Nah... Ricco needs cycling and cycling needs Riccó... everybody declared Riccó guilty w/o proofs just cuz a Dr wanted his 5min of fame and big money from La Gazzeta for something that He made up... if They had proof Riccó would be now banned but He is not... I want to see him soon in the peloton!

Ryaguas said:
Nah... Ricco needs cycling and cycling needs Riccó... everybody declared Riccó guilty w/o proofs just cuz a Dr wanted his 5min of fame and big money from La Gazzeta for something that He made up... if They had proof Riccó would be now banned but He is not... I want to see him soon in the peloton!

indeed. all that story was pathetic

Ryaguas said:
This isn't the Clinic so I won't make any posts after this one, but just to set the record straight, it is my understanding that the doctor didn't talk to La Gazzetta but to the pertinent authorities. And the idea that he'd get paid is kind of odd regardless.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:

Agreed. It is a bad thing for all parties involved.

Lol at the above posts. I like conspiracies too.

Tour of Austria route was unveiled today

rad_oe_tour_vorstellung_grafik_body_a.2070659.jpg

TRENDING THREADS