• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 92 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
LEOPARD TREK announces squad for SkodaTour de Luxembourg:

Fabian CANCELLARA
Fränk SCHLECK
Jens VOIGT
Martin MORTENSEN
Maxime MONFORT
Robert WAGNER
Stuart O'GRADY
Will CLARKE

Overall it's not the strongest possible squad but still pretty good. Too bad Posthuma isn't there, otherwise they'd had three past winners in the same team.

http://www.leopardtrek.lu/calendar/skoda-tour-de-luxembourg

I thought Voigt was injured?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
Gilbert has offers from al World tour teams (except Euskaltel & Lampre), but would prefer a Belgian project. So biggest chance for Quickstep, Lotto & Omega Pharma (OPL will split next year)

Boonen has offers from 5 different team, but would prefer to stay with QS.
Too bad, I think a chance of team would be good for Boonen...

I personally don't think it is a good idea that Boonen is considering staying at QS. Personally I think a change would do good to him personally. Also, Lefevre and him always seem to be going at each other in the media so it seems they don't get along.

auscyclefan94 said:
I personally don't think it is a good idea that Boonen is considering staying at QS. Personally I think a change would do good to him personally. Also, Lefevre and him always seem to be going at each other in the media so it seems they don't get along.
That's Lefevere's way of "motivating" his riders. It didn't work for Devolder, and it has effectively destroyed Seeldraeyers, but ik doesn't seem to affect Boonen.

personally think personally think personally seem seems :D

Eddy Merckx has been given a honorary degree by the University of Brussels, basically "for riding his bicycle and making people happy". He was a little embarrassed about the whole thing and thought he did not deserve the title, but accepted nonetheless.

dr. h. c. Eddy Merckx. Only in Belgium :)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
will10 said:
I thought Voigt was injured?

He already underwent an operation in Berlin during one of the final days of the AToC. He sent a text message to the Uli Jansch, the commentator of German Eurosport, and said it all went well and he is planning to race in Luxembourg. I think it was just a minor operation

Sylvester said:
personally think personally think personally seem seems :D

Eddy Merckx has been given a honorary degree by the University of Brussels, basically "for riding his bicycle and making people happy". He was a little embarrassed about the whole thing and thought he did not deserve the title, but accepted nonetheless.

dr. h. c. Eddy Merckx. Only in Belgium :)

I think famous people get honorary degrees over here too sometimes.

oh good news for pro cycling today...finally some.

***edited by mod ***

watch them popping those good watts in july.if it will be just between them two(which is not my primary wish),i'll cheer for alberto to make the double.last year i was in andy's side,he was so close.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Gilbert and Boonen in one team would be awesome. It would be Bettini/Boonen all over again. Although Gilbert is better than Bettini though(in the sense that he can win RVV while Bettini never got close there), so it would be a little bit different.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Luxembourg Cycling Federation (FSCL) protests Millar's start at Games of the small States of Europe

Jean Regenwetter, president of the FSCL, writes a letter to Patrik Schreiber, director of the Liechtenstein games 2011, protesting that Millar cannot start due to UCI and IOC rules. The native of Scotland had already started for Malta in 2001 and won gold in the ITT.

http://www.tageblatt.lu/sport/story/FSCL-stellt-Start-infrage-30715174

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Epic jersey :D

309261308.jpg

309261953.jpg

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Some rumours:

-THC Highroad down to ProConti in 2012

-Fusion with United Healthcare

-Cavendish, Renshaw, Pinotti to BMC