• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 113 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
That sucks. Better hope he skips then. Was he there(Il Lombardia) last year?
He was at lombardia last year but was way too tired to do anything. It is likely he will becoming back for the AFL Grand Final (Aussie Rules Football) so he may be back in Australia for early October.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
He was at lombardia last year but was way too tired to do anything. It is likely he will becoming back for the AFL Grand Final (Aussie Rules Football) so he may be back in Australia for early October.

Perhaps he'll race the Giro di Padania then. Seems like a good possibility.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Is AC riding???

Sun tour takes place during mid october so he won't be able to do Lombardia if he does Sun tour.

yup he is, looking forward to seeing a battle between them. I hope he does lombardy.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I read on the actual site that AC and basso have not been confirmed yet. Both saxo and liquigas are sending teams but those respective team's star riders may not be taking part.

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
A general question. What are the best climbers around that have a good sprint? The best used to be Di Luca, Cunego, Valverde, and Ricco, but they seem to all have some problems.

Swede1 said:
A general question. What are the best climbers around that have a good sprint? The best used to be Di Luca, Cunego, Valverde, and Ricco, but they seem to all have some problems.

cunego just isn't a top climber so he doesn't has the chance to show his sprinting that often. samu and purito are also pretty fast, so is scarponi. . . just a few names of the top of my head so i am pretty sure i am forgetting a lot of guys( 6 am and i just got home so i can't really think straight xD )
as incredible as this may sound on a uphill sprint a on top form menchov is mighty fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMMewJ2okw8&feature=relmfu

TRENDING THREADS