• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 119 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
This will really help E3 Harelbeke. To open the belgian classics season is a great idea.

EDIT: Wait a sec, am I missing something here?

The International Cycling Union (UCI) has announced that the E3 Prijs Vlaanderen-Harelbeke race has been promoted to WorldTour status for 2012 and will be held on the Friday preceding Gent-Wevelgem.

and then

Belgian race to open cobbled Classics season

Het Volk is the opening Belgian cobbled classic and is way before Gent Wevelgem. Confusing.

auscyclefan94 said:
Belgian race to open cobbled Classics season

Het Volk is the opening Belgian cobbled classic and is way before Gent Wevelgem. Confusing.

Ya, I guess they might have forgotten about Het Nieuwsblad and KBK or perhaps since they are about a month earlier than the other races they simply mean that E3 opens the intensive 2.5 week cobbled period.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
interesting thing I read in an interview with botero. where he criticized the lack of professionalism surroung his own team and hoping to improve that. the team didn't have their itt bikes in utah and colorado.

would've made henao more of a threat for sure in utah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Montani3Semper

Enough gossip. Can anyone tell me & my riders, beyond any reasonable doubt, how is the 'COMBINATION CLASIFICATION' handicap # arrived at? Exact formula. (Francois the PostMan may have the answer). Thanks in advance!

It's very simply..

The positions in the GC, points and mountain are added and then the lowest nr = nr 1

For example
Mollema is 6th in the GC, 2nd in Points and 7th in mountain = 15 pts for combinada
Moreno is 16th in GC, 6th in points, 4th in mountains = 26 pts for combinada

results in
1 157 MOLLEMA, Bauke RAB 15
2 85 MORENO, Daniel KAT 26

TADAAAAA ;)

May 3, 2010
Visit site
MagliaNera

Thanks Dekker'. Related to Erik'?! One thing that impresses me about guys & gals from the Netherlands is: They are from below sea level, yet can climb with mountain goats? Haematocrit?! High. Anyway. Foe the worlds: Gilbert (RR) and Martin (ITT), Vos Women's road race. Still running my Wharton forecasting model regarding women ITT and Under 23 both sex.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Is he going to elaborate or does he just want to create drama? If there was a DS jersey shore, Vaughters would play The Situation.

***edited by mod ***

TRENDING THREADS