• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 148 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/111130_boonen_friends_gilbert#

Boonen talking about his season and the cyclocross event he's organizing. It's going to be a very fun event this year because there will be famous road cyclists like Greipel, Boonen, Vanendert and Museeuw participating. But it gets even better as Lars Boom will start this year... He'll start one minute later than everyone else to give them a fair chance! :p I bet that he'll already make up that time deficit before the first lap. Going to be fun to see how big the gap is between road cyclists and cyclo-crossers.

He also talked about the Belgian championships this year. He called Gilbert's performance atmospheric. He said he was really good that day and that he never experienced something like on the Gitsberg(where Phil dropped him like a stone), not even with Fabian Cancellara.

Libertine Seguros said:
No way. Pozzovivo wins Trentino by climbing like a god, dropping everyone left right and centre, then catches a cold, crashes on a fast flat stage and abandons the Giro before they get to the big mountain stages, just like in 2010 and 2011.

time trial my friend, trentino also has a time trial :p

El Pistolero said:
http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/111130_boonen_friends_gilbert#

Boonen talking about his season and the cyclocross event he's organizing. It's going to be a very fun event this year because there will be famous road cyclists like Greipel, Boonen, Vanendert and Museeuw participating. But it gets even better as Lars Boom will start this year... He'll start one minute later than everyone else to give them a fair chance! :p I bet that he'll already make up that time deficit before the first lap. Going to be fun to see how big the gap is between road cyclists and cyclo-crossers.

He also talked about the Belgian championships this year. He called Gilbert's performance atmospheric. He said he was really good that day and that he never experienced something like on the Gitsberg(where Phil dropped him like a stone), not even with Fabian Cancellara.

that sounds awesome!! is boom such a good cyclo crosser? i mean i know he has fantastic bike handling skills and explosiveness because of his results on short technical prologues but i had no idea he was that good in cyclo cross. tbh boom won me over this year as a fan when he pushed the tempo on the arenberg, it was amazing

Parrulo said:
that sounds awesome!! is boom such a good cyclo crosser? i mean i know he has fantastic bike handling skills and explosiveness because of his results on short technical prologues but i had no idea he was that good in cyclo cross. tbh boom won me over this year as a fan when he pushed the tempo on the arenberg, it was amazing
Uhh yeah, he was the best cyclo crosser in the world before he became a road cyclist.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:

Ex-world Champ, multiple WC victories, multiple GVA and Superprestige victories:p so yeah he is :p

May 6, 2009
Visit site
killswitch said:
What has happened? :confused:

I was just thinking that. The only thing I can think of is that the former Big Mat doctor has been indicted for administrating PEDs and Jeannesson has been called to give evidence.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
I read this morning gianetti will announce his new sponsor today. it won't be venezuela

(If this is true) Say what you like about Gianetti, he really does know how to get the sponsors. Gianetti >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bob Stapleton when it comes to gaining sponsorship.