• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 162 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ryo Hazuki said:
they aren't really world champions. they are world champions in wc organised by the international baseball federation or whatever it;'s called the real wc baseball is every 4 years and is organised by the mlb. only 2 wc's we've had and both were won by japan and netherlands could never get to 2nd round although they beat dominica. netherlands isn;'t anywhere near top ten baseball countries
So? They still beat the amateurs from all those big baseball nations, quite a feat for a country where it's very much a fringe sport (and where no one knew the tournament was even going on until they reached the final)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
they beat an amateur/youth selection of those countrys yes. not saying it's not a good result but they aren't one of the best baseball countries in the world is what I;m pointing out

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
baseball is the topsport in the whole caribean, venezuela, asia. japan, taiwan and south korea alone have same amount of citizens as germany, france and italy combinrf :rolleyes:

Lol, Baseball is not the top sport in Japan.

For those of you that had a little fun over that "50 best" list, or what it was called, should have a chuckle over this.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,16299_7390573,00.html

I already wrote a comment some days ago, about how it made no sence, that the best team- and individual performance was in the same race, but they did not let it be posted.

It could be because I pointed out there had been many better individual performances, listed a couple, even suggested Cavendish had better finishes this year.
But it was more likely because I wrote, that even Sky Sports should try to be objective. :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
T-Nielsen said:
For those of you that had a little fun over that "50 best" list, or what it was called, should have a chuckle over this.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,16299_7390573,00.html

I already wrote a comment some days ago, about how it made no sence, that the best team- and individual performance was in the same race, but they did not let it be posted.

It could be because I pointed out there had been many better individual performances, listed a couple, even suggested Cavendish had better finishes this year.
But it was more likely because I wrote, that even Sky Sports should try to be objective. :p

How was Voeckler's ride up the Galibier on st 19 the moment of the year? Richard Moore seriously is on crack.

auscyclefan94 said:
How was Voeckler's ride up the Galibier on st 19 the moment of the year? Richard Moore seriously is on crack.

You chose the most subjective choice on which to complain ;)

I think everyones moment of the year will be different. For you it will be something with Cadel winning the Tour, for me its the sheer shock of seeing The Great One attack 14 k into a stage.

I think choosing Cav as the ride of the year for a sprint is the biggest mistake. Yes sprinting is a talent but to qualify for ride of the year imo he would need to cause a split in the peloton, bring one back AND THEN win a sprint.

Just like Andy Schleck should get ride of the year, not for attacking 3k out on some mountian, but for attacking 65k out, gaining time on a descent and flat against the peloton and holding them off on the long and painful final 20k uphill.

To get ride of the year, you really should do something extraordinary.

Arnout said:
Why is the multi reply button on this forum a pic of a Movistar rider? Or is that just my browser playing tricks on me?

El Gorrion ?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
You chose the most subjective choice on which to complain ;)

I think everyones moment of the year will be different. For you it will be something with Cadel winning the Tour, for me its the sheer shock of seeing The Great One attack 14 k into a stage.

I think choosing Cav as the ride of the year for a sprint is the biggest mistake. Yes sprinting is a talent but to qualify for ride of the year imo he would need to cause a split in the peloton, bring one back AND THEN win a sprint.

Just like Andy Schleck should get ride of the year, not for attacking 3k out on some mountian, but for attacking 65k out, gaining time on a descent and flat against the peloton and holding them off on the long and painful final 20k uphill.

To get ride of the year, you really should do something extraordinary.

El Gorrion ?

Come on, I could understand AC's attack, Schleck's or Evans' ride up the Galibier or Cadel's tt and a couple of others but Tommy Voeckler? What he did was surprising but I don't think that moment was that spectacular.

Arnout said:
Could be, I've no idea, its too small. But you have it too? Although its now normal again.

No, I thought you were making a joke about the speechmarks on the picture being like glasses and it looking like some geek.

auscyclefan94 said:
Come on, I could understand AC's attack, Schleck's or Evans' ride up the Galibier or Cadel's tt and a couple of others but Tommy Voeckler? What he did was surprising but I don't think that moment was that spectacular.
Cancellara at Ronde, Phil on Muur, Contador up Etna, Nieve/ Garzelli on 15, Kiriyenka up Finnestre Cobo up Angrilu Froome up Pena Cabarga etc etc etc.

TRENDING THREADS