• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 166 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
nice.theunisse back in the game!

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/10807/Theunisse-takes-on-coaching-role-at-Rusvelo.aspx

3246455_1_640.jpg

Michielveedeebee said:
Offredo has missed 3 tests

Source: Reuters

as a rider,i love offredo big fan.attacker,brainless just like pirazzi.i want him again on the poggio no doubt.
but as a man of this sport,he's what i call a french whiner all the time,a big one.he had no respect for his job,a professional one.the pricc even messed with klodi,yep that kind of arrogance.
hope everything will be ok but offredo needs to man up and stop being a pathetic french whiner.allez!

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
as a rider,i love offredo big fan.attacker,brainless just like pirazzi.i want him again on the poggio no doubt.
but as a man of this sport,he's what i call a french whiner all the time,a big one.he had no respect for his job,a professional one.the pricc even messed with klodi,yep that kind of arrogance.
hope everything will be ok but offredo needs to man up and stop being a pathetic french whiner.allez!

Klöden rode like a loser for most of his career. If he would call me a French piece of **** I'd retaliate Ricco style. I'd send him a leash with a note attached to it that says: from Lance [Armstrong]

Ryo Hazuki said:
offredo is such a fantastic rider. can't wait see him again next year. rasmussen hasn't been banned either, right?

different case.i'm sorry for offredo but it will be hard.what happens now in france is that they all are paying for jeannie longo:(:(:( france wants to show they are fighting medical assistance you know for real.uci told them to do so
same thing in spain,eze paid with his career for the freedom of alberto...
oh only if you people will somehow accept it and not make a big deal of it everyday on the internet and in the press.otherwise it will never end.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
What made me a fan of Offredo is that he went against the norm for French riders and said the TDF is at times boring and the Classics is what he likes best. Gadret is another who hates the Tour but loves the Giro, mind you the climbs in the Giro do suit Gadret well.

craig1985 said:
What made me a fan of Offredo is that he went against the norm for French riders and said the TDF is at times boring and the Classics is what he likes best. Gadret is another who hates the Tour but loves the Giro, mind you the climbs in the Giro do suit Gadret well.

Totaly agree with the principle. A good reason to like Offredo. But I dont think French riders are that bad.

They grow up watching not just the Tour but also PN and PR and other classics and stage races.

Me and you often complain about what a disgrace cycling coverage is around the world. Well in France its possibly at its best (other than Belgium). Lequip covers cycling not just during July and has articles rating the favorites every year before both the Giro and the Vuelta.

youngest even said that the Giro is popular in 2 countries- Belgium and France ( I had to remind him of Italy:p).

The riders then rise through the ranks of riding French classics and stage races.

Look at the top French riders in recent years. Chavannel is a top classics guy who is as much on peak in April as in July. Podiumed various big stage races. Seemed cooked even by the time the Tour came around this year, then was very impressive at the Vuelta holding the red for some days and even expressing a desire to keep it longer.

Theres Voeckler whose basically on peak all year round and has recently expressed a desire to ride the Vuelta for gc.

Gadret who you mention and Dupont who seems to be good for going in Gadrets direction.

Then of course there is our beloved King David, international marker (whatever Hrotha says) and all that, whose main goal for about 4 seasons has been to take the Vuelta KOM.

Certainatly not as bad as many American or British riders who grow up only hearing about the Tour de France.

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I was on the phone to a lady from Sky two weeks ago, and she said they wouldn't be showing cycling at all this year. Wonder if this is a very recent opportunity that cropped up, or if the lady was just uninformed.

In the back of my mind I have a vague recollection that Sky did the TDU last year too.

There's no move at all - Sky showed the Tour Down Under the last two years. Something to do with the Lance effect and the new Sky team I think.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/437157/tour-down-under-2010-preview.html

Tour Down Under on TV
Sky Sports will be covering the 2010 Tour Down Under with daily highlights and live coverage of the end of the final two stages.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...der-2011-cycling-weekly-s-coverage-index.html

Tour Down Under 2011: TV guide
Highlights and some live coverage of the 2011 Tour Down Under will be shown on satellite channels Sky Sports 2 (channel 402), Sky Sports 3 (channel 403) and Sky Sports 4 (channel 404). Select programmes will also be shown in high definition.

Libertine Seguros said:
There's no move at all - Sky showed the Tour Down Under the last two years. Something to do with the Lance effect and the new Sky team I think.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/437157/tour-down-under-2010-preview.html

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...der-2011-cycling-weekly-s-coverage-index.html

Yep. They also, even before that, showed highlights of the Herald Sun Tour in 2009, which Wiggins was at (and won) after coming 4th in the Tour.

Tuarts said:
So you get the same amount of coverage as we do, aka all there is of it

Nope, its on the Sky Soccer channels- also known as Sky Sports.

Which costs about £40 a month.

Which as I understand is like 60 Australian dollars.

+ the box set up instilation fee etc which is another £100 (150 in your currency).

So you get the picture of what watching the TDU might cost.

Lord knows I love cycling, but not that much. :p

gooner said:
Do you not have Sky then Hitch?

I have the cheap Sky deal which has Eurosport, Eurosport 2, and some 500 other channels. It does not have the Sky Movies or Sky Sports or the ridiculously named Sky Arts (which should be called Sky celebrity interviews) bundles etc, all of which require substantial monthly cash payments.

A

Anonymous

The Hitch said:
I have the cheap Sky deal which has Eurosport, Eurosport 2, and some 500 other channels. It does not have the Sky Movies or Sky Sports or the ridiculously named Sky Arts (which should be called Sky celebrity interviews) bundles etc, all of which require substantial monthly cash payments.

and the only races you miss are the Tour down under and the london nocturne.. not really much of a loss.

TRENDING THREADS