• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gent-Wevelgem In Flanders Fields - 26/3 - 162.5 KM (1.WWT)

(Apparently people want seperate threads between men's and women's races.)

Startlist for Gent-Wevelgem In Flanders Fields WE 2023 (procyclingstats.com)

gent-wevelgem-women-elite-2023-result-map-d5a6238d5a.jpg

gent-wevelgem-women-elite-2023-result-profile-49e0125027.jpg

gent-wevelgem-women-elite-2023-result-climb-a808a0dc5c.jpg

gent-wevelgem-women-elite-2023-result-climb-n2-be08563459.jpg

gent-wevelgem-women-elite-2023-result-climb-n3-b201f1f9d8.jpg

gent-wevelgem-women-elite-2023-result-finish-19ca3f293a.png

Any news on Paternoster? She's not riding this one after her crash.

I've found an Italian article which says she hit her arm in the crash, but that it wasn't anything serious and that she should be able to race again soon.

Trek and SD Worx are definitely the favourites here. They can both go for a sprint, but they also have riders who can instigate and cover attacks. I'm also interested in seeing how AGI-SQS will do here. Henttala has been solid in her first races back, and Wollaston has looked strong on the track during the past month. They're both not riding the race after all.

DSM, UAE, Uno-X, FDJ-SUEZ and CANYON-SRAM shouldn't be discredited either, and Schweinberger, Sierra and Henderson have also performed well this year. Then you also have the Zaaf riders, who may want to go out with a bang.

Last edited:
In the Junior race, can Cat Ferguson continue her 100% win record? Probably not as she prefers hills afaik, and the Holmgren twins make their 2023 road debut. And yes, my 'knowledge' at this level is pretty much limited to CX riders. Encouraging for the future that four GB teams have been entered.

It does look like there's a pretty good chance that a GB rider will win or at least podium the race. But it did end in a big bunch sprint last year, so I don't know what to expect. Molengraaf isn't riding, but Célia Gery and Xaydée Van Sinaey are, so there are other promising CX riders on the start line.

Reactions: postmanhat
In the Junior race, can Cat Ferguson continue her 100% win record? Probably not as she prefers hills afaik, and the Holmgren twins make their 2023 road debut. And yes, my 'knowledge' at this level is pretty much limited to CX riders. Encouraging for the future that four GB teams have been entered.

Izzy Sharp wins what I imagine was a bunch sprint of 17 riders. Only saw a couple of the races last year where she domming for Backstedt, so nice to see her progress. Ferguson was second, continuing her ridiculously good start as a junior.

Reactions: Didinho

TRENDING THREADS