• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders George Bennett Discussion Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

deValtos said:
Pretty sure Bennet didn't mean his comments in the way a lot of people are interpreting it.

Perhaps he will clarify his position tomorrow.

Why not?

Bennett before the Giro: "The fact is that this controversy can bring the sport down, can follow the race and take away from the race. There needs to be a rule change so this doesn't happen again. Also we need some guarantee that it won't be like Alberto Contador when he started before a verdict had been reached and then they took the Giro away from him after he won."

Than they had this little dispute on stage 8.

So, i think he ment it the exact same way he was saying it. And he is certainly not alone.

Re: Re:

ppanther92 said:
deValtos said:
Pretty sure Bennet didn't mean his comments in the way a lot of people are interpreting it.

Why not?

Bennett before the Giro: "The fact is that this controversy can bring the sport down, can follow the race and take away from the race. There needs to be a rule change so this doesn't happen again. Also we need some guarantee that it won't be like Alberto Contador when he started before a verdict had been reached and then they took the Giro away from him after he won."

Than they had this little dispute on stage 8.

So, i think he ment it the exact same way he was saying it. And he is certainly not alone.
what was the dispute on stage 8?

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re:

deValtos said:

“It’s nothing to do with drugs or anything like that. But it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. People on Twitter want it to mean what they want it to mean. They think I’m in there batting for them, but I’m just raising a point.”

Thought he'd clarify. People always take things the way that suits their narrative, it's just normal human nature.

Glimpses of this Kiwi getting ready for the Giro of his lifetime? His 2nd place at the national ITT race is pretty hopeful.
1Hamish Bond46:53
2George BennettTeam Jumbo-Visma0:15
3Dylan KennettSt George Continental Cycling Team1:23
4Joel YatesSt George Continental Cycling Team2:19
5Hayden MccormickBlack Spoke Pro Cycling Academy2:32

He said he was flying at the Tour last year before he got screwed getting bottles in the crosswind stage, and then he gave up going for GC and just worked for Kruijswick. It remains to be seen if he can hold that level into the third week of a GT.

well, he won Olympic Gold in rowing, before he started cycling three years ago.

Usually he is at his strongest on the flat But of course, hard to say what a result like this is worth, or how focused he is at the moment.

twice olympic gold, unbeaten in almost a decade.. he is +90kg, so Bergen wasn't fit for him. He will dispute the national rowing in a week or so to get a spot to Tokyo again so a figured he's not dedicating 100% to cycling..
I guess Bevin would have won it...

Reactions: search

TRENDING THREADS