Geraint Thomas, the next british hope

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 10, 2013
8,352
0
0
Re: Re:

Echoes said:
BigMac said:
I think they had it coming, not necessarily fair to the rest.
"Not necessarily"? &#128528

I'd say not at all but everybody has his own moral compass. :eek:
Sorry, English got me. Of course, not at all to the clean sect of the ''rest''.
 
hfer07 said:
So..........

"G" is on the market, so he's encouraged to raise his game to remain part of the cult..........

got it!
Should have a nice new shiney contract by the end of the Tour. What will the Dawg do? Now way will Dawg allow G to become Top Dog.
 
Mar 12, 2009
1,934
0
0
thehog said:
So, Thomas Geriant, has had a good 8 days of clearance before Flanders. He should be up for the win? Probably not any need to put on weight either.
If he does well at RVV it's probably even a bigger joke than the Dawg.
 
peloton said:
thehog said:
So, Thomas Geriant, has had a good 8 days of clearance before Flanders. He should be up for the win? Probably not any need to put on weight either.
If he does well at RVV it's probably even a bigger joke than the Dawg.
you mean, as the stage race rider he wants to be, doing well at Flanders it a no-go. ok

but remember he won E3, and already has good placings in both Flanders and Roubaix and GW

did we say Nibali is a joke when he almost won the stage on the wet cobbles in 2014?
 
There's still a difference between winning a cobbled stage in a GT and winning an actual cobbled classic though, ask Lars Boom
Although I think riders like Nibali and Valverde could've won the Ronde van Vlaanderen on the old parcours, definitely in an edition where the winning move didn't happen on the Muur
In top shape and with the necessary experience and recon, both for themselves and their teams

In the case of Thomas, a first prerequisite would be that he manages to stay on this bike for once
 
Re:

Gung Ho Gun said:
There's still a difference between winning a cobbled stage in a GT and winning an actual cobbled classic though, ask Lars Boom
Although I think riders like Nibali and Valverde could've won the Ronde van Vlaanderen on the old parcours, definitely in an edition where the winning move didn't happen on the Muur
In top shape and with the necessary experience and recon, both for themselves and their teams

In the case of Thomas, a first prerequisite would be that he manages to stay on this bike for once
I think that's what Thomas and his team have been doing.
agree about the fact that he crashes too much

I was just pointing out how many would applaude if Nibali/Valverde (GT riders) did well in Flanders, while Thomas still has to race and we've already declared that that's a no go.

ps. I dont care what kind of fuel would Thomas or Nibali need to use to win Flanders
 
Mar 13, 2009
12,232
0
0
pastronef said:
peloton said:
thehog said:
So, Thomas Geriant, has had a good 8 days of clearance before Flanders. He should be up for the win? Probably not any need to put on weight either.
If he does well at RVV it's probably even a bigger joke than the Dawg.
you mean, as the stage race rider he wants to be, doing well at Flanders it a no-go. ok

but remember he won E3, and already has good placings in both Flanders and Roubaix and GW

did we say Nibali is a joke when he almost won the stage on the wet cobbles in 2014?


G won jnr Roubaix

now Tommy Voeckler also won jnr Roubaix.

I am talking u19, or u18, not sure on the birthdate cut off, I think even G may have won it, with one more year remaining on his eligibility

Now, the Junior Roubaix? 120 km? Wont even be 100 miles in my estimation

verb neologism warning...

so heavily caveat'ed[/verb/ sic}
 
thehog said:
peloton said:
thehog said:
So, Thomas Geriant, has had a good 8 days of clearance before Flanders. He should be up for the win? Probably not any need to put on weight either.
If he does well at RVV it's probably even a bigger joke than the Dawg.
Now that the local doctor is under surveillance performances might be off... :cool:
Thomas Geriant lacking some extra bone today. He's been off the bone for a few days now since Paris-Nice. Not sure what's up. Maybe a dog has his bone?
 
Mar 14, 2016
2,400
1
0
Geraint is like Chris Boardman. He's got the quality to challenge in the mountains, but he lacks the endurance to do well over several weeks.

But to the cynical, anything is proof of doping.
 
Oct 16, 2010
13,578
1
0
G., do me favor, don't go full genius at RVV.
Please wait a bit until this shitstorm in a teacup has blown over.
Yours,
Nicole Sapstead.
 
thehog said:
Thomas Geriant lacking some extra bone today. He's been off the bone for a few days now since Paris-Nice. Not sure what's up. Maybe a dog has his bone?
the fears of many about him going too well at Flanders did not come true. he went more or less as in previous editions. he said he´d work for the team.
even if seeing him on the podium would´ve made this pages more entertaining :D
 
pastronef said:
thehog said:
Thomas Geriant lacking some extra bone today. He's been off the bone for a few days now since Paris-Nice. Not sure what's up. Maybe a dog has his bone?
the fears of many about him going too well at Flanders did not come true. he went more or less as in previous editions. he said he´d work for the team.
even if seeing him on the podium would´ve made this pages more entertaining :D
Thomas Geriant withdrew from Catalunya on 25th. He is lacking something from Paris-Nice. He was on better at last years Flanders compared to this year.

Not sure what is up?

 
thehog said:
pastronef said:
thehog said:
Thomas Geriant lacking some extra bone today. He's been off the bone for a few days now since Paris-Nice. Not sure what's up. Maybe a dog has his bone?
the fears of many about him going too well at Flanders did not come true. he went more or less as in previous editions. he said he´d work for the team.
even if seeing him on the podium would´ve made this pages more entertaining :D
Thomas Geriant withdrew from Catalunya on 25th. He is lacking something from Paris-Nice. He was on better at last years Flanders compared to this year.

Not sure what is up?

The Ohg, I thought you would know what is up. I dont

all I know is whatever placing GerAint would have had on Sunday, that would not be good for you ;)
 
Jun 25, 2009
3,091
0
0
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
pastronef said:
thehog said:
Thomas Geriant out of Paris-Roubaix, what is going on?

Line up @TeamSky for #ParisRoubaix
Fenn
Knees
Moscon
Puccio
Rowe
Stannard
Van Poppel
Viviani
Roubaix was never in Thomas´s program

he is now in Tenerife with Boswell, Poels, Roche, Froome.
Ah Tenerife, that safe haven from unnecessary distractions like, ooh anti-doping testers, that prevent riders getting a good few weeks training under their belt.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY