• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Geraint Thomas, the next british hope

Page 67 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

JosephK said:
thehog said:
lartiste said:
He clearly needs to improve his program, immediately! Dave, please help.

Team meeting with the Doctor! Quick get Leinders on the phone, we’ve not been in the position before :cool:

Hmmm. Maybe we now get to see G pull a Landis/Froome. :D

Maybe more of an Andy. It would be greatly entertaining if he drops minutes on stage 15, only to gain minutes back going long range on stage 18 :D

gregrowlerson said:
JosephK said:
thehog said:
lartiste said:
He clearly needs to improve his program, immediately! Dave, please help.

Team meeting with the Doctor! Quick get Leinders on the phone, we’ve not been in the position before :cool:

Hmmm. Maybe we now get to see G pull a Landis/Froome. :D

Maybe more of an Andy. It would be greatly entertaining if he drops minutes on stage 15, only to gain minutes back going long range on stage 18 :D
Well, I expect folks are really going to go for it tomorrow. I think there's now the smell of blood in the water, given he stated he felt weak. Whether he truly is or not should become very quickly evident.

Re:

MartinGT said:
https://twitter.com/GeraintThomas86/status/1152994805196165120?s=19

Rest day long sleeves after a full feed last night

short sleeves today, sorry Martin

gettyimages_1163506117_670.jpg

pastronef said:
MartinGT said:
https://twitter.com/GeraintThomas86/status/1152994805196165120?s=19

Rest day long sleeves after a full feed last night

short sleeves today, sorry Martin

gettyimages_1163506117_670.jpg

Hmmmmm not so sure. This year both rest days were followed by a flat stage not the typical MTF after each rest day. I’d say night of the flat stage is the best time to transfuse.

Sorry :p

Re:

proffate said:
I want to hear the explanation for G's mysterious crash today and why it's proof of motor doping.

These silly claims help Ineous. Ridiculous. I think Thomas is low probability for the following reasons:

1. He wasn't in the same form leading into the Tour and/or left his prep very late. An Ullrich like mistake.
2. No Froome in the train.
3. Kwiatkowski is not pulling the same watts as in 2018. Niether are the rest of them e.g. Castroviejo.
4. #2 and #3 is a big drop in horsepower.
5. Bernal is going up the road - that means a 3rd driver not in the bunch to provide a strong wheel for Thomas and also to hold 420 watts so rival attacks from the likes of Pinot, Landa, Kruijswijk or even Buchmann are not possible to stick.

If Thomas wins from here I will be back to recant. But I'm not seeing it. He could also crack.

TRENDING THREADS