• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Geraint Thomas

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

[
del1962 said:
I see G's program includes targeting the Worlds, does anyone know if that is ITT or RR?

the ITT, from Team Skt website :
“I think the time trial will be my best chance of getting something out of it. It will be a good goal to have for the end of the year. I certainly want to be there because the support in the UK and in Yorkshire especially is just unbelievable at the moment. They’re going to be a massive Worlds and it will be great to be a part of that.”

Photographer Mario Stiehl posted this really great historic photo on Twitter. All three are still active pros, more or less successful though.

DxqTFkHX4AAOhoY.jpg

Just finished Thomas' The Tour According To G book. It's quite a good read if you're not too obsessed with clinic related convo. Some interesting insights into race tactics, internal issues with Froome (who comes out of the book looking pretty good, but there are still some good revelations into how late into the Tour that Thomas was actually given full team support), his relationship with his wife etc.

Bare in mind that it's heavily 2018 Tour focused. There is a little on his 2016/17 crashes, but not much on his track and cobbles endeavours.

Re:

gregrowlerson said:
Just finished Thomas' The Tour According To G book. It's quite a good read if you're not too obsessed with clinic related convo. Some interesting insights into race tactics, internal issues with Froome (who comes out of the book looking pretty good, but there are still some good revelations into how late into the Tour that Thomas was actually given full team support), his relationship with his wife etc.

Bare in mind that it's heavily 2018 Tour focused. There is a little on his 2016/17 crashes, but not much on his track and cobbles endeavours.

Well, it is called The Tour According To G. :p

Re:

gregrowlerson said:

It's his second (!) book though. He's now 'written' more books than Emily Bronte.

TRENDING THREADS