• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gerlach, Gaggioli, etc...

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I didn't know Carpenter was like that, but then I didn't know him. Jeff Solt would know I bet. I always gave Gagg plenty of room on training rides. Chris Huber always seemd like a pretty good guy. But those two togehter man. Tough to go around.

Even back in the late 80's, we were always hearing things.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Wheels Go Round and Round said:
I was a sprinter also, got into it with all the sprinters but at least they were honorable guys. I can't say that about Gaggioli or Ken Carpenter. Carpenter was just throwing people around , I was 170lbs, former Marine and wasn't about to take it from anyone. He shoves me, I rode back into him using my helmet to push him back off the wheel. Told him if you ever take your hands off the bar to move me, I'll come off my bike at whatever speed we are doing and I'll ride your fat *** into the ground and we will go from there. The guy was just another dirty *** past his prime

He's show up at our track and everyone would cooperatively rail the speed until he dropped. He never bothered me but he seemed to gravitate to the big guys end of the field.

bridgeman said:
Wow, I didn't know Carpenter was like that, but then I didn't know him. Jeff Solt would know I bet. I always gave Gagg plenty of room on training rides. Chris Huber always seemd like a pretty good guy. But those two togehter man. Tough to go around.

Even back in the late 80's, we were always hearing things.

was at a race in Long Beach.... Coors Light was there, basically the whole team was about to lap the field, announcer says there will be a drug test after the race.......EVERYONE OF THEM PULLED OUT ON THE NEXT LAP AND LEFT THE RACE......................CLASSIC:rolleyes:

Oldman said:
He's show up at our track and everyone would cooperatively rail the speed until he dropped. He never bothered me but he seemed to gravitate to the big guys end of the field.

it's amazing how many masters I knew were doping......sad

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Wheels Go Round and Round said:
was at a race in Long Beach.... Coors Light was there, basically the whole team was about to lap the field, announcer says there will be a drug test after the race.......EVERYONE OF THEM PULLED OUT ON THE NEXT LAP AND LEFT THE RACE......................CLASSIC:rolleyes:

it's amazing how many masters I knew were doping......sad

He would barely have qualified as a Master but he was big and couldn't say he had any "problems". He was married at the time to a local sprinter who has been a really supportive booster of local young riders.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Long ways back, I heard the Coors Light exit en mass, after drug control was announced, had happened at SuperWeek.

Been so long ago, could have been anywhere, or could have happened more than once.

Zanoli was a beast. Damn sad his ending.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Clearly this is a "best of the clinic" post! Chad's been ripping the legs off of us in Nor Cal for the last two seasons. I hope this helps motivate him to keep it on the straight and narrow, he's a blast to race with. Get the poison out Chad, Nor Cal has your back!

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It was just the best when Gaggioli chased Johnny Sundt with that 2x4...

amazing

a lot of these little skinny guys like to talk **** in a crit... but when you get a 5'7 x 145lb guy off the bike, he is usually a pussy

Gaggioli is a douche... no argument there

but you gotta remember JS was a ****-talking mofo during that time... despite the fact his only creds were some decent CX rides at a time when CX was a still developing regional phenom in the US

Other best Gaggioli memory... when he won a Prime for a vasectomy at Shelby one year!!!!

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hooptie said:
Clearly this is a "best of the clinic" post! Chad's been ripping the legs off of us in Nor Cal for the last two seasons. I hope this helps motivate him to keep it on the straight and narrow, he's a blast to race with. Get the poison out Chad, Nor Cal has your back!

Get that poison out of your system

baba booey

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
The Mayor of BBQ said:
It was just the best when Gaggioli chased Johnny Sundt with that 2x4...

amazing

a lot of these little skinny guys like to talk **** in a crit... but when you get a 5'7 x 145lb guy off the bike, he is usually a pussy

Gaggioli is a douche... no argument there

but you gotta remember JS was a ****-talking mofo during that time... despite the fact his only creds were some decent CX rides at a time when CX was a still developing regional phenom in the US

Other best Gaggioli memory... when he won a Prime for a vasectomy at Shelby one year!!!!

Seriously, that as a prime? How did the locals know Gagg would be there because every other rider would lay his bike down to assure that the gene pool would not spread.
PS: right about JS but he's mellowed somewhat. The NW locals didn't put up with it, either and chalked it up to youthful energy.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I can't believe we have a thread about Gagg without a picture of his ex

lynn_gaggioli.jpg

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
The Mayor of BBQ said:
<snipped>

OK, gotta defend the Shelby Crit here. The prime was for the winner's choice of a free vasectomy or $100. Gaggioli opted for the cash. :D ;) :p

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
OK, gotta defend the Shelby Crit here. The prime was for the winner's choice of a free vasectomy or $100. Gaggioli opted for the cash. :D ;) :p

HAHA maybe that was the case... i just remember the bell ringing and them saying vasectomy prime and gagg sprinting away for it

I think that was the last year?
Also remember a big crash at the pit and the Master's world TT champ seriously wrecking his ****.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
The Mayor of BBQ said:
HAHA maybe that was the case... i just remember the bell ringing and them saying vasectomy prime and gagg sprinting away for it

I think that was the last year?
Also remember a big crash at the pit and the Master's world TT champ seriously wrecking his ****.

Yeah, I think that was the last year of the race. It was definitely a vasectomy prime, there was just another option for those who didn't want to be snipped. Gagg didn't want to be snipped, I guess.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Cocaine is a hell of a drug...

True...

http://cwcracing.org/?section=blog&archive=2009_06_01_archive.html
From the gun, the race was flat out single file. Every rider was biting their handlebar and sitting on the tip of their saddle, riding flat out with no breaks. Chad Gerlach was even more unbelievable, riding with his hands on the tops, barely breathing (Im not even sure he ever opened his mouth), lapping the field and almost winning the field sprint. Bissel tried to reel him in and burned up at least 2 riders without any luck. Gaps started to open in the single file line, which couldn't be closed, and riders started to get pulled.

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I love chad...he is back at it again on FB! in the past 6 hours...

Chad David Gerlach some Google employee's think they are so smart! Not smart enough to get snared in a wide and far reaching doping scandal which traces back to the mid nineties. Sorry DC. Your name came up to!

Chad David Gerlach no DC is not David Clinger. That dumbass really gave addicts a bad name by tatooing his entire face, then getting clean, then getting second at road nats and testing positive for, not 1, but 2 different banned substances! But DC will reveal himself by the end of the nite. Wait, the public will!

Chad David Gerlach yeah, DC was Dylan Casey, and in yet another interview about Gaggiolli, I was asked to reveal his clients. These agents don't play! I mailed Gag, and told him he may be detained before he leaves the US. @ Air Force right now. They wont have to drive far. Oh wait, didn't some *** almost lap the field twice last year...

Chad David Gerlach i hated those Velo News covers withTK on the front. Well now this is only 8 years distant. Funny how a false champion fades away or commites suicide. Explained in detail T !

Chad David Gerlach just so you know, Federal Investigators don't want to have an espresso , and chat. They mean bussiness! The thing is, you can't threaten someone who doesn't have anything! Well, not taxable anyway.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Johnalex13 said:

Chad David Gerlach some Google employee's think they are so smart! Not smart enough to get snared in a wide and far reaching doping scandal which traces back to the mid nineties. Sorry DC. Your name came up to!

Chad David Gerlach no DC is not David Clinger. That dumbass really gave addicts a bad name by tatooing his entire face, then getting clean, then getting second at road nats and testing positive for, not 1, but 2 different banned substances! But DC will reveal himself by the end of the nite. Wait, the public will!

Chad David Gerlach yeah, DC was Dylan Casey, and in yet another interview about Gaggiolli, I was asked to reveal his clients. These agents don't play! I mailed Gag, and told him he may be detained before he leaves the US. @ Air Force right now. They wont have to drive far. Oh wait, didn't some *** almost lap the field twice last year...

Chad David Gerlach i hated those Velo News covers withTK on the front. Well now this is only 8 years distant. Funny how a false champion fades away or commites suicide. Explained in detail T !

Chad David Gerlach just so you know, Federal Investigators don't want to have an espresso , and chat. They mean bussiness! The thing is, you can't threaten someone who doesn't have anything! Well, not taxable anyway.

What a douche bag. IQ of a gnat. Thief and drug addict.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Johnalex13 said:

TK ? help me out on this one, the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.