• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giant Warranty Issue

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: GAINT FORK BREAKS...

Cycle_rider said:
robbo85 said:
Forkin Giants!!
ICEMAN...YOU WERE RIGHT...SAME BIKE SAME FORK FAILURE.

THE LONG TIME RIDER IS IN THE TRAUMA UNIT IN JAX FLA....FROM A FORK FAILURE...GOING DOWN HILL.

NO MARKS ON THE FORK...JUST BROKE IN 2 JUST LIKE YOURS....

SHE IS LUCKY TO BE ALIVE...BROKEN JAW...NO NOSE....3 VEREBARE CRUSHED, 2 RIBS....FACE SURGERY MASSIVE...NO EATING...BEEN IN HOSPITAL A WEEK SO FAR...

THIS WAS A DEFECTIVE FORK...YOURS OR HERS SHOULD NOT HAVE BROKE. GAINT SHOULD HAVE RECALLED IT.

I WOULD POST PICTURES IF I COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TOO.
Welcome to the forum! :)

Please take your cap-lock off when you post.

Cheers

Re: GAINT FORK BREAKS...

Bustedknuckle said:
Cycle_rider said:
robbo85 said:
Forkin Giants!!
ICEMAN...YOU WERE RIGHT...SAME BIKE SAME FORK FAILURE.

THE LONG TIME RIDER IS IN THE TRAUMA UNIT IN JAX FLA....FROM A FORK FAILURE...GOING DOWN HILL.

NO MARKS ON THE FORK...JUST BROKE IN 2 JUST LIKE YOURS....

SHE IS LUCKY TO BE ALIVE...BROKEN JAW...NO NOSE....3 VEREBARE CRUSHED, 2 RIBS....FACE SURGERY MASSIVE...NO EATING...BEEN IN HOSPITAL A WEEK SO FAR...

THIS WAS A DEFECTIVE FORK...YOURS OR HERS SHOULD NOT HAVE BROKE. GAINT SHOULD HAVE RECALLED IT.

I WOULD POST PICTURES IF I COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TOO.

???7 year old post..

Yep it would be handy to get some actual info on what model Giant this poster is talking about