• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro 2018 Route Rumours

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
fauniera said:
This is looking really, really bad. Looking like a gift to Froome as well.

How about 2019, Eshnar?

It's the same with all three GTs. A lack of stages that enourages long range attacks. I understand and accept that most mountain stages will be decided on the last climb, but a GT should have a couple of stages that is designed for more long range attacks. Can't see these kind of stages in this rumoured Giro.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
rick james said:
because he the greatest grand tour of this generation and he brings in TV audiences?

top dawg indeed

Forget about California, Froome is the fourth grand tour and he has already eclipsed the glory of all the others. :D

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
Nirvana said:
Red Rick said:
My guess it will total around 60+- 15km.
At the presentation in Israel Vegni said that his idea is to cut TT kilometres because this year were too decisive, i fear that could be only one TT around 30 kms + the prologue.
Weird, you'd have thought Vegni (who normally loves close races) would have enjoyed this year, which was dull but very tight.
Today he's on Radiocorsa on Rai Sport at 11pm with Beppe Conti, so maybe he'll give the fans a few small hints.

I don't like to be overly cynical (stop laughing at the back), but Sky's interest in the Giro might well be because,
https://www.digitallook.com/news/ne...l-year-as-revenue-earnings-grow--2909779.html
Sky Q - the firm’s newest time-shifted viewing and streaming tech - was to launch in the current financial year in Italy, Germany & Austria

Like the Vuelta,
http://www.cityam.com/271768/sky-brings-forward-spanish-pay-tv-launch-after-chris
Sky rolls out Spanish pay-TV launch after Chris Froome's cycling success

The Dawg even used up some of his rest day to give it a push.

Re:

Nirvana said:
Trento-Rovereto TT confirmed but without the final uphill ramp due to lack of space.
http://trentinocorrierealpi.gelocal.it/trento/cronaca/2017/10/14/news/torna-il-giro-d-italia-traguardo-al-mart-1.15983993

On italian forum i also read that local newspaper suggest that Lys, Tzecore and Saint Panthaleon will feature before Cervinia in the penultimate stage and Pratonevoso stage will start in Milan.
Milan-Pratonevoso is over 200km? That has to be wrong, surely? Nobody in the world wants to see a 200+km unipuerto stage (and it will almost certainly be unipuerto because of how long it is already).

I'm back. Not much to add to what people have already reported :eek:
Just updating the route. The only real mistery is the missing stage (either 11 or 12) in the second week. Might be an ITT, might be not.

1 Jerusalem ITT
2 Haifa - Tel Aviv
3 Be'er Sheva - Eilat

4 Catania-Caltagirone
5 Agrigento-Santa Ninfa(Valle del Belice)
6 Caltanissetta-Etna(Osservatorio Astrofisico)
7 Tropea? - Scalea?
8 Scalea? - Montevergine
9 Pesco Sannita - Campo Imperatore

10 Farindola - Gualdo Tadino
11 Foligno - ??? OR Filottrano - Imola
12 Filottrano - Imola OR Fano - Pesaro ITT
13 ??? - Nervesa della Battaglia
14 S.Vito al Tagliamento - Zoncolan
15 Tolmezzo - Sappada

16 Trento - Rovereto ITT
17 Arco? - Monza?
18 Milano? - Prato Nevoso
19 Busca - Monte Jafferau
20 Susa? OR Torino? - Cervinia
21 ??? - Roma

I don't care that much about the TT kilometers. I don't expect very big time gaps between the gc contenders who'll probably participate anyway since most are more or less on the same level in this discipline. And since I want dumoulin to ride the tour I even kinda hope for a route that doesn't favor him too much and leads to him riding the giro instead.

TRENDING THREADS