• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro D´italia stage 11 - Tortoreto Lido - Castefidardo 144.0km

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DenisMenchov said:
153 Robert Kiserlovski (Cro) Pro Team Astana +15min

Very bad....
also
a future GT winner
133 Richie Porte (Aus) Saxo Bank Sungard +10min

So Porte is supposed to work all day then win the stage? Seriously the USPS days are over. The guy worked his nut off eariler in the day. Why would he be expected to finishes with the leaders?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
just some guy said:
Could also be Androni wanted Contador to stay in pink keep the team working hard - Contador might loss a few soldiers early in the war ?

exactly. they want contador in pink when the mountains start and they will go niuts and smoke out his team. savio know3s what he is doing, smartest guy in peloton

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
exactly. they want contador in pink when the mountains start and they will go niuts and smoke out his team. savio know3s what he is doing, smartest guy in peloton

That's extremely unlikely :p

Lars Petter Nordhaug from Team Sky who spend most of his day in the breakout reported to have averaged 300watts in 3hr40minutes. http://www.procycling.no/article3153246.ece

He tried to get away from the small group at one point because he didn't want to take them on in the last 3km but hit "the wall" and faded. Too much lactid acid. He also said that he didn't understand why Christophe Le Mevel sat in the breakout, and called it idiotic. It was a lot of energy spent.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Trond Vidar said:
Lars Petter Nordhaug from Team Sky who spend most of his day in the breakout reported to have averaged 300watts in 3hr40minutes. http://www.procycling.no/article3153246.ece

He tried to get away from the small group at one point because he didn't want to take them on in the last 3km but hit "the wall" and faded. Too much lactid acid. He also said that he didn't understand why Christophe Le Mevel sat in the breakout, and called it idiotic. It was a lot of energy spent.

Then why didn't LPN go already with Konovalovas and Moreno? :confused:
No, it was a last ditch effort from a fading rider.

I'm sure Porte and the other ~50 riders who got away that faithful stage to L'Aquila last Giro regret being "idiotic" :rolleyes:

Le Mevel rolled the dice and lost, he should get massive amounts of credit for trying, as should Machado and Kruijswijk.

Here is a +1 to you Le Mevel!

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

I don't see it really. You waste a lot of energy today so another team might have to use some energy in a couple days. So your team is now more tired than the other team. It wasn't like Saxo was working really hard. Not harder than normally, they keep Contador close to the front all the time anyway. And if Rujano attacks early and becomes a problem, it won't be just Saxo doing the work.

Dutchsmurf said:
I don't see it really. You waste a lot of energy today so another team might have to use some energy in a couple days. So your team is now more tired than the other team. It wasn't like Saxo was working really hard. Not harder than normally, they keep Contador close to the front all the time anyway. And if Rujano attacks early and becomes a problem, it won't be just Saxo doing the work.

It will I don t see anyone but anyone helping Contador.

Dutchsmurf said:
Agreed. But Saxo Bank is really not looking good. They need to improve a bit. Maybe they are saving themselves. We'll find out soon.

meandmygitane said:
Then why didn't LPN go already with Konovalovas and Moreno? :confused:
No, it was a last ditch effort from a fading rider.

I'm sure Porte and the other ~50 riders who got away that faithful stage to L'Aquila last Giro regret being "idiotic" :rolleyes:

Le Mevel rolled the dice and lost, he should get massive amounts of credit for trying, as should Machado and Kruijswijk.

Here is a +1 to you Le Mevel!

I'm with you in regards to Le Mevel. It was great racing, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the race. It could have been extremely successful.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Kiserlovski crashed at the begining of the stage and broke his teeth.. he is having a extremely unlucky season, already riding the giro with a cracked vertebra.. he visited the dentist, and will continue riding the giro in suport of roman

Ryo Hazuki said:

So if he's not in pink, what happens then? Will they not go nuts in the mountains and try to smoke out AC's team? What about the other teams? They too have substantial leads on Rujano, will they smoke out their teams as well?

DenisMenchov said:
It will I don t see anyone but anyone helping Contador.

Rujano is 6' down on AC. AC would (or SHOULD) be the last person to respond to his attacks. He will threaten the positions of Kreuziger, Menchov, Nibali and Scarponi LONG before he threatens ACs. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if AC used Rujano is a launching pad for a counter-attack or simply worked with him to inflict maximum damage on the other GC contenders.

Opalius said:
In my opinion this is suiting SBS just fine. Give Le Mevel a couple of minutes = slightly weak leader = his team working the next two days, maybe even more.

I think it is all according to plan, Le Mevel being the perfect tool to execute it.

Great to see someone FINALLY realising that SBS is just working mindgame on the peloton. With Le Mevel the first to catch the bait.

Them losing times against Contador after their chase is just another setup: to regaining momentum, rest and trick punks at cyclingnews forum that SBS is weak and can´t lend support to Bertie.