• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro D´italia stage 11 - Tortoreto Lido - Castefidardo 144.0km

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
androids full support for rujano now.sella will go ballistic with one-two climbs to go just to pace him.

gadret...he seems to me like a young version of piepoli,he's not that good.but he still has time.perfect attack.

savio,i hope you did the right thing...six minutes is a lot though.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Contador finished without a team mate...again. Closest were 2:54 back. Given that the last 3km's were "no favors", I would have thought he would have liked to have a team mate around, just in case.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
androids full support for rujano now.sella will go ballistic with one-two climbs to go just to pace him.

gadret...he seems to me like a young version of piepoli,he's not that good.but he still has time.perfect attack.

savio,i hope you did the right thing...six minutes is a lot though.

Meh, don't think he'll turn into a Piepoli.

benpounder said:
Contador finished without a team mate...again. Closest were 2:54 back. Given that the last 3km's were "no favors", I would have thought he would have liked to have a team mate around, just in case.

I don't know if they are all horribly out of form, or dancing with the devil trying to take it very easy until the weekend.

Lovely, day, lovely Le Marche, lovely Le Mevel and not so lovely Gianni Gadret!

Great little stage. Total animation from flag to finish line. A parallel universe to a rolling stage in the Tour.

Thanks to Androni, for doing all the chasing, though tactically, I thought it stupid.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Hah. My man Gadret.

Yeeesss!!!!

There you go! Enjoy it!

Wergeland said:
+1 He ****ed Nicholas Roche over in the tour last year. Refused to give away his wheel to his captain a better GC-placed teammate.

BTW He was the first to congratulate him in Twitter!

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Rujano in the same time as other favorites :)

good to see that Rodriguez (2nd) and Menchov (11th) are improving

Purito's form coming just in time for Zoncolan - Dolomites!

Ferminal said:
Interesting to see Lampre do an epic leadout but then Scarponi had nothing.

I'm a bit worried about him going into the weekend.

Confirmed today... Michele is offpeaking this finish suited him perfectly but He was empty... I fear the worst...

Duartista said:
Strange tactics by Androni, sacrificing Sella to bring back the break...

This finish was very good for Serpa, He was 4th... Sella took it easy at the finish, look for him in the big mountains that are coming...

maltiv said:
If he were in decent shape he would've been up there today I think.

The finish didnt suit him and He's still building up... He will be there for the real steep stuff...

Congratz to Gadret! that was a nice attack his form is really good!
Visconti too late =(
The same for Purito!
Serpa very good! his form is very good! Androni having a great Giro IMO...
Now Contador outsprinting Roman, Michele and Nibali in a finish that didnt suit him... starting to peak just in time for the BIG weekend...
Saxo was really good today... and looked pretty solid... but They are taking big risks resting the riders in the final... but They will be pretty fresh for the big mountains...

BTW... Nice to see Fischer negotiating with Alberto ahahahaha... poor Le Mevel looks like He is not going to have La Maglia Rosa in this Giro :(

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
There you go! Enjoy it!

BTW He was the first to congratulate him in Twitter!

Purito's form coming just in time for Zoncolan - Dolomites!

Confirmed today... Michele is offpeaking this finish suited him perfectly but He was empty... I fear the worst...

This finish was very good for Serpa, He was 4th... Sella took it easy at the finish, look for him in the big mountains that are coming...

The finish didnt suit him and He's still building up... He will be there for the real steep stuff...

Congratz to Gadret! that was a nice attack his form is really good!
Visconti too late =(
The same for Purito!
Serpa very good! his form is very good! Androni having a great Giro IMO...
Now Contador outsprinting Roman, Michele and Nibali in a finish that didnt suit him... starting to peak just in time for the BIG weekend...
Saxo was really good today... and looked pretty solid... but They are taking big risks resting the riders in the final... but They will be pretty fresh for the big mountains...

BTW... Nice to see Fischer negotiating with Alberto ahahahaha... poor Le Mevel looks like He is not going to have La Maglia Rosa in this Giro :(

No Contador lost the sprint to Rodriguez, he OBVIOUSLY is in bad shape.

Nice attack by Gadret, exactly when Nibali didn't use the work of Capecchi and the group slowed a bit.
Perfect timing!

Someone asked before about Petacchi sticking around for the points classification; he doesn't stay and he's leaving tomorrow, with the last sprinters stage.:p

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Climbing said:
Nice attack by Gadret, exactly when Nibali didn't use the work of Capecchi and the group slowed a bit.
Perfect timing!

Someone asked before about Petacchi sticking around for the points classification; he doesn't stay and he's leaving tomorrow, with the last sprinters stage.:p

I doubt he would even have had a chance against COntador. I'm guessing he is aiming at all three the jerseys, the GC, the points and the mountain jersey. And quite frankly it is quite frankly that he has a decent shot at getting all the jerseys and maintaining them