• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d’Italia 2024, Stage 13: Riccione – Cento, 179.0k

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jayco did exactly as Mezgec stated in his pre-race interview. Had their bubble of four with 3kms to go with Mezgec behind Ewan. The plan was for Ewan to follow Mezgec when he went BUT somehow Ewan got lost. I have no idea how this happened when there were 3 jayco riders at the front just outside of 1km to go. Hepburn, Walscheid and Mezgec are wasting their time.

Jayco did exactly as Mezgec stated in his pre-race interview. Had their bubble of four with 3kms to go with Mezgec behind Ewan. The plan was for Ewan to follow Mezgec when he went BUT somehow Ewan got lost. I have no idea how this happened when there were 3 jayco riders at the front just outside of 1km to go. Hepburn, Walscheid and Mezgec are wasting their time.

They really need to just put Ewan into Walscheid's pocket and launch the - in this case, literally - Pocket Rocket at the finish.

That look

GNyu-zzWQAA2Zqu

Pog thinking: sure we may be tied in stage wins in this Giro right now, but you're gonna die so badly in the upcoming mountain stages, oh yes, yes you will.

J/K, I'm sure Pog has nothing but warm thoughts toward Milan, just like the rest of the peloton.
Probably debating the required effort to put Milan, Merlier, and Groves OTL so he can get the points jersey too.

That train is potentially world class and being wasted on Ewan atm.

Reactions: cen and Cookster15
Congrats to Milan, he is the real deal.

On Ewan, I know in the world of cycling fans he will be crucified but IMO the reality of his situation is sad whichever way you look at it. I am sure the psychologists would ask him, what do you really want? His performances suggests he doesn't know and doesn't believe in himself.

2019 proved he certainly had the ability to mix it with the best sprinters in the world. At still only 29 should be in the prime of his career. But he has completely lost self confidence and seems to be going through the motions. He is lucky the team is still wiling to persist with him.

Latest posts