• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d’Italia 2024, Stage 7: Foligno – Perugia, 40.6k (ITT)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ganna will be interesting, I would've said Pogacar beats him due to the climb but looking at stage 1 he was only about 10 seconds behind on the top. He dropped early today I think to save energy. Looking like a nice day for cycling weather-wise all day so that shouldn't affect anything.

The startlist is comically shallow, I think Ineos and UAE will both have a few riders top 10ing, Großschartner was flying in the Romandie tt, expect him to go well here if he is allowed to try.

4th to 14th might be the funniest lineup of tters in GC history, Luke Plapp could conceivably jump 9 positions if Romandie was just a one-off bad day. Expect some chaos, Lutsenko is quite good though so should end a few spots higher.

Astana looking good for a dual-GC challenge in 2024, they will get them in breaks in later stages too, what a time to be alive.

DHCPdDtQoWkPAUkEwMaQ2U.jpg

4th to 14th might be the funniest lineup of tters in GC history, Luke Plapp could conceivably jump 9 positions if Romandie was just a one-off bad day. Expect some chaos, Lutsenko is quite good though so should end a few spots higher.

Astana looking good for a dual-GC challenge in 2024, they will get them in breaks in later stages too, what a time to be alive.

DHCPdDtQoWkPAUkEwMaQ2U.jpg
Lutsenko is the favourite on Prati di tivo right?

Reactions: Tim Cahill
I'm curious to see how Uijtdebroeks goes. If he can stay within 1:30 or so of Pogi on this TT, I would think that would be a very good result for him.
Blobloblo shouldn't compare himself to Pogacar. He should mainly compare himself to the other pure climbers he contends with for the podium.

I've flamed him for his performances in Tirreno and Catalunya, but he looks sharper now. I'm expecting a better TT from him than at the Vuelta, where he dropped a minute to the likes of Kuss and Mas.

Gonna put my neck out and predict it will be a Pog demolition. Small clue was how Pogacar restrained himself on stage 6. I get the feeling he is in top shape.

Obviously we will know by this time tomorrow but I can’t see Lutsenko holding a candle to Pog on the climb and then hold that level to the finish line. That’s a VO2 max test.

Last edited:
Blobloblo shouldn't compare himself to Pogacar. He should mainly compare himself to the other pure climbers he contends with for the podium.

I've flamed him for his performances in Tirreno and Catalunya, but he looks sharper now. I'm expecting a better TT from him than at the Vuelta, where he dropped a minute to the likes of Kuss and Mas.
Contre la Montre is the weakness of Blobloblo