• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro del Trentino 2013

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Sega di Ala climb looks like a great test for wiggo on a tough gradient, looking forward to that stage.

BTW for what regard the route i think it is fine for what regard thougness: after all this is a purely prep race so they cannot have excessively hard stages.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Giro del Trentino 2013.

Giro-del-Trentino-Logo-big-1024x640.jpg

37° Edition. 16 - 19th of April.

ROUTE:

Stage 1:

-Sector A: Lienz - Lienz (128 kms)

*** Rebellin, Felline.
** Blythe, Durasek, Taborre, Firsanov
* Veilleux, Lander, Favilli, Zakarin.

-Sector B: Lienz - Lienz (14 kms) TTT

*** SKY.
** Astana, BMC.
* Cannondale, RusVelo, NetApp

Stage 2: Sillian - Vertriolo Terme (224 kms)

Giro-del-Trentino-Stage-2-1365411913.png

*** Nibali.
** Pozzovivo, Rolland, Scarponi, Pelizzoti, Evans, Wiggins.
* Atapuma, Garzelli, Reda, Konig, Dombrowski, Huzarski, Squire, Eijssen, Meintjes, Fraile.

Stage 3: Pergine Valsugana - Condino (176 kms)

Giro-del-Trentino-Stage-3-1365412067.png

*** Blythe, Favilli.
** Belletti, Lander, Dempster
* Rebellin, Taborre, Rutkiewicz.

Stage 4: Arco - Sega Di Ala (166 kms)

Giro-del-Trentino-Stage-4-1365412316.png

*** Nibali, Pozzovivo.
** Rolland, Scarponi, Pelizzoti, Evans.
* Wiggins, Manfredi, Aru, Rabottini, Atapuma, Pardilla, Meintjes, Bongiorno, Domont.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, well done thread opener :)

Alongside Romandie and the Ardennes races, a great race in a nice period of the year.

Very nice to see Wiggo doing this.

The same Henao and Uran who will be trying to win for Sky in The Netherlands and Belgium?

Who really cares where Sky finishes in Trentino. What is most important is that Wiggins and his army get some solid preparation in for the Giro. Trentino is the perfect place for that given the similarities to that race in May. If they need to do Romandie they will but that is probably too close for their training schedule (Trentino more a Dauphine position).

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Who really cares where Sky finishes in Trentino. What is most important is that Wiggins and his army get some solid preparation in for the Giro. Trentino is the perfect place for that given the similarities to that race in May. If they need to do Romandie they will but that is probably too close for their training schedule (Trentino more a Dauphine position).

Exactly.

Wiggo had and has a nice build-up to the Giro. I think, if he wins the Giro, and he has good chances to do so, he´d should focus on winning the Vuelta this year, and skip the Tour. I know he won´t do so, and will ride the Tour instead of Vuelta, but palmares wise, having the Vuelta in his bag is more interesting as having a second Tour, and he doesn´t get younger either.

If I were him, I´d try to do like Contador did in 2008.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Ferminal said:
The same Henao and Uran who will be trying to win for Sky in The Netherlands and Belgium?

Agree also don.t think nibali will be a factor, he probably race it the same way he raced last year dauphine

Some really not-obvious star guesses there, Jason :)

Lander, Rutkiewicz, Durasek, Meintjes, Dempster, Veilleux, Domont & Zakarin doesn't deserve star categories IMO (and Aru probably not either, but he's rather hyped), unless you're picking the breakaway scenario.

Niemic is much more deserving a mentioning, and so is Rubiano (an outsider for the overall win), Monsalve, Cardoso, Dupont, Taborre (for the sprints), Konig & Pardilla.

Personally I hope to see Battaglin finally take another win, preferably on stage 1.

Trentino looks very promising and should be Pozzo's for the taking yet again.

TRENDING THREADS