• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro dell'Emilia 2022, one day race, October 1

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I only watched the final 5 km video but now I‘m really uncertain about who‘ll win Lombardia. Yes, Mas is looking great but can he do it at the big race as well? Pog realistically could just wait for a sprint and hope he‘s faster than a 42-year old and some other guys. It could play out like the 2019 race where a second-tier favorite sneaks away or like 2011 if a surprising rider climbs the strongest.
Well, all this could happen or we could simplify and just say: ”It‘s in the bag.“

I only watched the final 5 km video but now I‘m really uncertain about who‘ll win Lombardia. Yes, Mas is looking great but can he do it at the big race as well? Pog realistically could just wait for a sprint and hope he‘s faster than a 42-year old and some other guys. It could play out like the 2019 race where a second-tier favorite sneaks away or like 2011 if a surprising rider climbs the strongest.
Well, all this could happen or we could simplify and just say: ”It‘s in the bag.“
The 2011 scenario feels like it looms large with so many big contenders absent (Roglic/Evenepoel), off form (Alaphillipe) or generally fatigued from the faraway worlds and tough season (Pogacar). If only we could identify the rider that might pull off a Zaugg we could make a small fortune at the bookies.

The 2011 scenario feels like it looms large with so many big contenders absent (Roglic/Evenepoel), off form (Alaphillipe) or generally fatigued from the faraway worlds and tough season (Pogacar). If only we could identify the rider that might pull off a Zaugg we could make a small fortune at the bookies.
Buchmann

Edit: he dnf‘d today so probably no) maybe Mark Padun? Fortunato? Formolo? So many options

Edit 2: Ruben Fernandez finished 7th today so he might be the new Zaugg.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS