• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2011: Stage 14 Lienz to Monte Zoncolan

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I want to kill my entire family, that way i can see the stage....eg, we organized "family day" on satuurday, where all cousins, aunts and uncles come together and have a 'fun' day. But I'd rather sit and home and watch this stage :(

So, anyone have mass extinction devices I can borrow?

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I want to kill my entire family, that way i can see the stage....eg, we organized "family day" on satuurday, where all cousins, aunts and uncles come together and have a 'fun' day. But I'd rather sit and home and watch this stage :(

Wait, the Dutch maffia doesn't have any mass extinction devices of its own?

Amateurs. ;)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

If you organised this 'fun' day then maybe when everyone comes together you could say the day involves watching cyclists ride up Monte Zoncolan! For you that would be classified as fun.:D

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Fantastic intro Hitch, that got me very excited for the stage. I personally think Alberto will be the winner if he as form the Anton could be second but i think Alberto will take a large amount of time here.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Ugh, Ugh, Ugh

Don't you feel a cold coming up as well?

*sniffle*

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Living up to your reputation D_T. Got to respect that. :)

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Can't use that excuse, I've been sick the past 1,5 week already. I had sinusitis and a throat inflammation. But now I'm almost better, just at the wrong time. Plus I'm on of the organizers :( (talk about bad planning)

Just pretend to be feeling really sick, stay in bed with your laptop :)

The Hitch said:
Thanks for the compliments.

Only problem is, Im going to be major screwed if this doesnt turn out that great:p

This stage IS going to be epic. There is no doubt. No matter what happens - someone will end up doing something amazing - just completing the stage is amazing, so thats a guarantee!!!

I too think Contador will go on friday so that saturday is a little less pressure. I still think he will win it by minutes ....

Epic primer for a stage that is already legendary no matter what happens. Who cares about Mont Ventoux or Alpe d'Huez? Who cares about Angliru? Who cares about Etna or Grossglockner? Monte Crostis and Monte Zoncolan is all that matters.

I don't ever remember a single stage being hyped this much. It even exceeds the hype of the columbians by Ryo. Speaking of which - I'm really excited to see what Rujano has got up his sleeves for this stage.

Contador will win, Rujano second and Anton third.

Let the race begin (and end)!

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Just make sure you say hello to everyone as soon as possible and then just disappear, as long as there are enough people about noone will notice you've gone.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for this stage.

Who is coming to my Giro party on Saturday morning? Italian brunch in honor of this epic stage. "Italy" donuts and mimosas on the menu. And lots of Italian wine. Y'all are welcome. :D

The only part that worries me is having to take on hostess duties during key moments of the race. But I do plan to watch it all over again when Universal re-runs it later in the day.