• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2011 Stage 20: Verbania - Sestriere 242km

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is it just me or does it feel like Gadret is giving up his 4th spot to Menchov like this. Considering how awful Gadret is in a TT if he loses a minute or a bit more to Menchov today he most likely won't be able to hold on (And I reckon Menchov will take Purito easily leaving only Rujano and Menchov with a shot at 4th)

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
franciep10 said:
wow this is really boring nobody is looking to try anything against conta

It would be pointless, as even if they got a gap (which they wouldn't), Contador would just take it back tomorrow.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Ramira said:
Is it just me or does it feel like Gadret is giving up his 4th spot to Menchov like this. Considering how awful Gadret is in a TT if he loses a minute or a bit more to Menchov today he most likely won't be able to hold on (And I reckon Menchov will take Purito easily leaving only Rujano and Menchov with a shot at 4th)

Perhaps Gadret doesn't feel like buying a lot of expensive gifts for the entire team which he would be obliged to do in case he realizes a top 4...

Bala Verde said:
Perhaps Gadret doesn't feel like buying a lot of expensive gifts for the entire team which he would be obliged to do in case he realizes a top 4...

Well he's attacking now so it seems my point is moot anyway. However unless it's in his contract I doubt he would buy any gifts, it's not like his "team mates" could like him any less.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Ramira said:
Well he's attacking now so it seems my point is moot anyway. However unless it's in his contract I doubt he would buy any gifts, it's not like his "team mates" could like him any less.

It was a joke. He would only have to buy himself a really expensive Rolex...:D