• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2011 Stage 20: Verbania - Sestriere 242km

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ggusta said:
I really don't know what I was expecting, but this is one of the dullest (mountain) stages I can ever recall. Good thing there was so much scenery. Not much else from my point of view.
Shouldn't have expected too much with Contador in a safe 1st while the 2nd and 3d in GC are "diesels" who never attack in the mountains. Everyone else has attacked.

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
To tell the truth, I couldn't give a damn about the disappointing GC action. The shot of Kiryienka crossing the line is enough to make this stage great.

Agreed. I shed a few tears.

And anyway, the scenery has been gorgeous.

ggusta said:
I really don't know what I was expecting, but this is one of the dullest (mountain) stages I can ever recall. Good thing there was so much scenery. Not much else from my point of view.

I know I expected Scarponi to try and take some time on Nibbles and I'm confused why I didn't. He certainly can't leave it to the TT.

And AC is STILL just chilling.