• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015 stage 19: Gravellona Toce–Cervinia 236km

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Ataraxus said:
Sasquatch said:
damian13ster said:
Astana trying to make sure that Contador never gets official stage win in Giro?? (Official record and myself don't count wins when caught and suspended for doping)

I don't think Contador gives a ****. He didn't win a stage in 2008 and it won't bother him that he didn't win a stage here. Stages are secondary. Winning a GT is the most important thing.

First: Contador gives a little bit of *** when it comes to winning stages. The interviews from his team talking about where to focus on his stage win, clearly demonstrate that.
Second: I'm not a Contador hater. I praised him yesterday and I've praised him in the past. My previous posts demonstrate that. All I dislike is the blind Contador fanboyism.

Contador has said himself, even just then after the stage that he doesn't care that he doesn't win a stage. His goal was to win the Giro. Stage wins are bonuses. Contador has said on more than one occasion that he doesn't care about winning stages. So you've just made yourself look like a bigger idiot than you already are.

Ataraxus said:
Sasquatch said:
damian13ster said:
Astana trying to make sure that Contador never gets official stage win in Giro?? (Official record and myself don't count wins when caught and suspended for doping)

I don't think Contador gives a ****. He didn't win a stage in 2008 and it won't bother him that he didn't win a stage here. Stages are secondary. Winning a GT is the most important thing.

First: Contador gives a little bit of *** when it comes to winning stages. The interviews from his team talking about where to focus on his stage win, clearly demonstrate that.
Second: I'm not a Contador hater. I praised him yesterday and I've praised him in the past. My previous posts demonstrate that. All I dislike is the blind Contador fanboyism(the second part is not addressed to you. The people who this is addressed to know who they are. And i couldn't care less about responding to them)
Then you would know that he's more focused on tomorrow, where the climb is must steeper. 'Blind fanboyism' is equal to rational thinking then, I guess

Ataraxus said:
Sasquatch said:
damian13ster said:

Second: I'm not a Contador hater. I praised him yesterday and I've praised him in the past. My previous posts demonstrate that. All I dislike is the blind Contador fanboyism.

I am with you on this ...Contador best rider of his generation but not infallible or invincible
Its his fanboys and their never ending spiel that really gets on everyone else's wick

" Contador is going to beat everyone and win by a mile on this stage"
" oh wait he is only training "
" Oh wait he could win the stage if he wanted to..."
" He doesn't really want a stage" ....and on and on and on

Of course if you challenge any of this ...you are a hater
Said by the same people who say the most outlandish things about SKY and spend every day hating anyone who could come close to beating Contador in any race . Froome, Landa , etc

I wouldn't bother arguing if I were you

Carols said:
Andro said:
irondan said:
Landa the biggest loser of the stage?

Eh, no? He didn't lose anything.

Eh...2nd place he lost

yes but when Landa goes for the stage tomorrow Aru will get shelled out the back and Landa will get 2nd place right back. Astana shored up 3rd place today barring disaster tomorrow, which is REMOTELY possible with Aru's capacity to crack, but not very likely.

Besides, the final climb gradient is not Contador friendly, [look at the gradients on the bottom of the graphic] so he will be chilling again and just minimizing gaps to Landa as Astana goes for the stage.
Lastly, Altitude will be a factor for some people.

tappa_20_S04.jpg

Re:

Sasquatch said:
KOM - Official

Visconti - 125
Kruijswijk - 109
Intxausti - 107
Landa - 76
Betancur - 75

Movistar outsmarted Kruijswijk and his team big time. No surprise.
Tomorrow Jumbo has to keep the break close, they got a team to cobtrol the flat abd Kruiswijk should just attack on the Finestre and not during the last kms. He has nothing to lose and everything to win if he did that.

Taxus4a said:
IamIronMan said:
Is this year's race an experiment or something with these MTF stages? They are putting the hard climbs first, then finishing on some lame big ring climb. I don't like it, IMO the stages should finish with a legit MTF, not these false flat climbs.

Weel, you have the Vuelta fot that.. all for you :D , I prefer Giro, when you can have a batle from far.

Today the second climb was very windym, but the stage was ok... maybe wind help in the flat stage, but today that second climb would have to make more pain.

The stage was ok, for a finish of Giro.

Topmorrow is perfect ok, who want to win, must do it in Finestre and keep in Sestrieres.

Maybe you are nwe in cycling, other way I cant understand your post
-- bolding mine.

You are one to talk. I'd have to use Google translator if I cared to know what you're writing about most of the time. But since it all boils down to hating Contador, no need.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

Rollthedice said:
Alcanelo said:
Time for Contador to actually stretch his legs with the warm down

All those Sky guys employed by Oleg brought in some revolutionary training methods like warming down. That's how you win big races.

You know I have introduced warming down to my riding and even after running or any high intensity exercise. It makes a difference to recovery and getting the body back to normal flow and sync.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

Kwibus said:
Sasquatch said:
KOM - Official

Visconti - 125
Kruijswijk - 109
Intxausti - 107
Landa - 76
Betancur - 75

Tomorrow Jumbo has to keep the break close, they got a team to cobtrol the flat abd Kruiswijk should just attack on the Finestre and not during the last kms. He has nothing to lose and everything to win if he did that.

Yeah, I wouldn't put it past Intxausti to be able to go with him though. Intxausti just conserved energy on the final climb after he helped Amador out a bit. I still think Intxausti will go into the break. It's safer for him that way but yeah Kruijswijk could very well attack if he thinks he can still win it, which he can. It's going to be a good battle tomorrow. I think it will be the best viewing of the stage seeing these two go at it.

Kwibus said:
Sasquatch said:
KOM - Official

Visconti - 125
Kruijswijk - 109
Intxausti - 107
Landa - 76
Betancur - 75

He's the strongest climber out of the 3 and Finestre should favor him more as a diesel climber!

Visconti will be tired anyway.

Jumbo just has to make sure there's no breakaway with Intxausti going up Finestre.
Then Kruisjwijk should win the Cima Coppi or at least get enough points out of a selected group for the blue jersey.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Re:

deValtos said:
So we're still no closer to finding out who's the best climber with one mountain stage left ....... zzzzzzzz

Dont know if you saw the stage or if you need glasses,ARU is the best,he crushed them all today... :D

May 13, 2015
Visit site
At this point Aru is really lucky that he has such a strong team and that he can use Landa as a launching pad. Contador would have absolutely destroyed Aru if team strength was more equal on the climbs (and/or Tinkoff had another rider high on the GC list).

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

Kwibus said:
Sasquatch said:
Escarabajo said:
Jumbo has to control the race tomorrow. So it could be a stage for the GC riders.

Are they strong enough? I think we'll be seeing 15-20 people up the road with nearly every team represented.

The run in is flat. They got fine riders for that.

The thing is I wouldnt be surprised if they just let it go....

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised either. It's going to be a fascinating battle. I want both of them to win it :p

Kwibus said:
Sasquatch said:
KOM - Official

Visconti - 125
Kruijswijk - 109
Intxausti - 107
Landa - 76
Betancur - 75

And it gives the rest of the team the chance to finally do something useful.

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Metabolol said:
At this point Aru is really lucky that he has such a strong team and that he can use Landa as a launching pad. Contador would have absolutely destroyed Aru if team strength was more equal on the climbs (and/or Tinkoff had another rider high on the GC list).
Does it make a difference? We could say Contador is lucky the other big GC guys aren't at the giro

Re:

deValtos said:
So we're still no closer to finding out who's the best climber with one mountain stage left ....... zzzzzzzz

Racing for GC in a GT isn't just about who the best climber is. Really, racing for the best climbers jersey isn't about who the best climber anymore either.

With that being said, do you think that AC could/would have gone with Aru had the time gap been 30 seconds instead of 5 minutes? If AC is smart, he is using as little energy as possible at this point.

The predicted today, with that length, at the end of this Giro, is that the first climb put the race with just 30 riders at the front... the second attacks of the favourites, and the third, just to make differences...

But if you have 100 riders after the first climb, must be that the flat part of the stage was comfortable, with some tailwind. (today was east wind)

People think that Froome is better in very slope climbs, becouse is where he could drop Contador, as Camperona or last one in Andalucia... but Froome is better in climbs like today.

The problem is that in climbs as today, when you attack at 30 km/h, if a rider more explosive, and Contador is more explosive than Froome, take the wheel, he is doing much lees effort than you, so is useless for that is would be interesting to have always 1 km really hard at the last part of the stage, just in case before there werent selection, but the hardest part os the stages should be always between 60 and 30 km from the finish

For me is more impresive that Froome attacked and attacked in Dauphine 2014 first mountain stage and contador was at his whhel, and he couldnt pass him at the end, that drop Contador in Camperona.

Today yes. Contador showed he is the boss of the Giro, becouse he did what he want...and although tomorrow he could have problems, he has much time to handle it is just one day...

He can let Aru again to go... not for a lot of Km.. but for several.. and when he went for him, if Landa attack,there is not already stage to get 5 minutes...

I wouldnt be surprised if Contador win the stage, but I wouldnt be as well if Aru attacked from far, Contador has to go for him finally and Landa put later a lot of time in just 5 km in Sestrieres...but i would be suprised if he lost 5 minutes, it is so much for just an stage...2 minutes in 5 kms would be too much.

To think that Landa could drop contador in a face to face in the at 5 km of the top in Finestre is to dream too much for me.. in that case and if landa has something to help in the flatest part in Sestriere... everything is possible.