• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 20: Saint-Vincent – Sestriere 199km

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
There is no reason right now for Contador to panic. Just needs to ride his own pace.[/quote

Exactly and that's what he's doing.

Meanwhile the KOM jersey is going to be Visconit's or Landa's. Landa needs to win the stage to get it. 2nd won't be enough.

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

No_Balls said:
Jelantik said:
do you think it's possible for AC to loose 4 minutes??

He has to bonk big time for that. He doesnt look bonked although less impressive.

Yeah, it doesn't look that bad and there are groups behind him who will probably catch up to him in the false flat.

He has to be totally Paris Nice 2009 bonked in order to lose 5 minutes.

Re: Re:

webvan said:
Ramira said:
I have to admit I didn't see this coming. I'm pretty sure I've never seen Contador this weak in his entire career.
Surely this isn't conserving energy anymore, there's something wrong with him.
Galibier 2011 ?

Still he's got a big buffer, will be interesting to see if they three Astanas will regroup to pound it.

Shame on the Saxo team, how can Kreuziger, Rodgers and Basso be so useless ? Wonder if Tinkoff misses Riis ?

Hmm that was pretty close. But it was in a TDF after he rode the Giro, and he lost about 1:45 to Evans who ended up winning it. Here he lost not only a minute and a half to Landa but also a full minute to the likes of Aru and even Kangert.

Maybe it's closer than I think though, because he looked untouchable all Giro long, while in that TDF he wasn't on form from the start so it was hardly a shock when he couldn't follow.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
1'27" to Landa means he didn't lose all that much after his "bonk". He'll probably be fine... although it doesn't help that Landa teamed up with Ilnur.

TRENDING THREADS