• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 20: Saint-Vincent – Sestriere 199km

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Andro said:
No_Balls said:
Jelantik said:
do you think it's possible for AC to loose 4 minutes??

He has to bonk big time for that. He doesnt look bonked although less impressive.

Yeah, it doesn't look that bad and there are groups behind him who will probably catch up to him in the false flat.

He has to be totally Paris Nice 2009 bonked in order to lose 5 minutes.

Exactly. If you bonk you could lose like 4 minutes in 3 kilometers (Les Arcs -96). Although it could theoretically happen he has a cushion between the climbs to get something.

Re:

rm7 said:
How is the descent? Can he loose another minut until the next climb?

I don't think he'll lose to much in the descent, even if he's off he should be ok in that (unless it's a hunger knock or something and he's hurting to much to focus).

It's the long run up to Sestriere that's dangerous. It'll be about 8km that are false flat to slight uphill which means others working together can probably put a lot of time into him, partially by working together.

He still has more than enough time, so unless he cracks completely (see Ullrich in 1998) he'll be in the pink later tonight, but he can't be feeling good.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

irondan said:
Jelantik said:
wow... last day. It will be a heart break to loose the jersey. Finally astana cracked AC
He's too far ahead to have an epic failure, and lose pink

i was just being sarcastic :p . I hope he is riding smart. Lol Uran.. telling Aru.. won a win?.. go ride!

TRENDING THREADS