• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 20: Saint-Vincent – Sestriere 199km

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

WheelofGear said:
If Contador just have had a man with him.. :( What a **** **** team.

well... all this talk about want to win the stage.. means nothing, if this is what happen. He is isolated and just when he needs his team the most. Astana has shown a strength in number all the time, why play to their hand?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

No_Balls said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Now Martinelli let him (Landa) ride. Too lite too late. God am I pissed about that grandpa with fozen brain-cells.

Cant blame him either. They had two options and tried to benefit their appointed captain as long as possible. Also probably under the impression Contador would be invincible.

Hindsight is always a beautiful thing.

Look... we only have our eyes... and saw how he was hold back all the time (even yesterday). Yet, they have the numbers, computer nerds, and what else. They MUST have known Landa is stronger. They threw the Giro = FIRE them. All that are responsible for this mess-up.

Re:

The Hitch said:
So they are on the descent to sestrieres now? Sestrieres from this side is like 9 at 7% right? On pcm 2011 there were always big gaps here. 3 more mins is possible for landa.

Nah it's more like 6km at about 6%, following 5 at about 4.5% and 5 at under 2%. However if his legs have truly left him that's plenty hard enough to lose a lot of time. Just not enough to lose the Pink.

Re:

webvan said:
Saxo Team during Giro 2015 = worst team ever for a potential winner, well maybe not as bad as Lemond's in 1989 but there were no big names on his team.
Yeah, the team has been absolutely ***. Contador is isolated when there is 30 riders in the peloton. And were is Contador's team car btw? Help him ffs, you incompetent fucks. Give him a gel and a new bottle. Where are you?

Ramira said:
Rollthedice said:
With this kind of team Berto might as well skip Le Tour.

Don't think the team will be that much of a problem in the TDF. Not only will Contador's team probably be quite a bit stronger, there will also be more than one challenger, so he'll always be able to find someone's wheel.

I'd be a lot more worried about Contador's form, if he had his normal legs today wouldn't have been an issue. Landa would've jumped and he would've followed.

How can his team be better in the TDF, with Rogers/Basso/Kreuziger here ? Well I suppose having one guy to help him (Majka) would be better than nothing.

Walkman said:
No_Balls said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Now Martinelli let him (Landa) ride. Too lite too late. God am I pissed about that grandpa with fozen brain-cells.

Cant blame him either. They had two options and tried to benefit with their appointed captain as long as possible. Also probably under the impression Contador would be invincible.

Landa could have attacked yesterday. I didn't see the stage but i guess he was held back?
I think Aru beat him to it, and then he was held back I'm guessing.

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
So they are on the descent to sestrieres now? Sestrieres from this side is like 9 at 7% right? On pcm 2011 there were always big gaps here. 3 more mins is possible for landa.

Meh, Landa is also going to be riding alone for the most part. If Aru and the others had been there with Landa at the front the 3 minutes would be possible.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
No_Balls said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Cant blame him either. They had two options and tried to benefit their appointed captain as long as possible. Also probably under the impression Contador would be invincible.

Look... we only have our eyes... and saw how he was hold back all the time (even yesterday). Yet, they have the numbers, computer nerds, and what else. They MUST have known Landa is stronger. They threw the Giro = FIRE them. All that are responsible for this mess-up.

The worst thing is, it's Martinelli! Brailsford has always been tactically inept. But Martinelli has done big coups before.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
No_Balls said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Dont disagree. I said they should fire Martinelli after making his statements that they more or less raced for second or third because you dont say these things as a DS.

But under that impression the way they have raced makes sense. Not in the real world.

webvan said:
Ramira said:
Rollthedice said:
With this kind of team Berto might as well skip Le Tour.

Don't think the team will be that much of a problem in the TDF. Not only will Contador's team probably be quite a bit stronger, there will also be more than one challenger, so he'll always be able to find someone's wheel.

I'd be a lot more worried about Contador's form, if he had his normal legs today wouldn't have been an issue. Landa would've jumped and he would've followed.

How can his team be better in the TDF, with Rogers/Basso/Kreuziger here ? Well I suppose having one guy to help him (Majka) would be better than nothing.

Because Kreuziger/Basso and Rogers are all horrible right now. Majka on his own will be able to do more in the mountains than the entire Giro team has been able to this year. And then there's Kiserlovski and Sagan, neither of whom can be worse than what's in this race.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

Walkman said:
No_Balls said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Cant blame him either. They had two options and tried to benefit with their appointed captain as long as possible. Also probably under the impression Contador would be invincible.

Landa could have attacked yesterday. I didn't see the stage but i guess he was held back?

Ofc he was. At least three times now. What a waste... remember: They also have a monster team. Could have "slaughtered" AC if going with the right guy (Landa) from the start.

TRENDING THREADS