• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015: Stage 5: La Spezia – Abetone 152 kms MTF

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
Poor Chavez, patiently awaits his turn in the OGE queue then this happens. :(

LOL. But thank God, enough with Orica keeping the pink and not being able to control the breakaway. So might as well, TS take the jersey and control the race. But don't know if that's a good idea to have earlier jersey now.

Re: Giro d'Italia 2015: Stage 5: La Spezia – Abetone 152 kms

Jelantik said:
Contador attacked, create a gap. Porte attacked .. no gap. Aru attacked.. no gap. Should be interesting Giro. The 3 big GC guy looked really strong. And it looks like Porte MotoHome marginal gain works for him :D

indeed the Giro is shaping up into a great race :)
Perhaps Contador isn't that happy taking the Maglia Rosa too early to overload his team with heavy duties at this point- he may let it go by the end of this week and then recapture it towards the end of the 2nd week.

I'm really, really pleased with ARU- he's dead serious about challenging Contador.
Porte? - great response, looks sharp- BUT let's see what happens in the next stages.

overall- great stage :)

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Porte actually looked to be in a bit of a struggle near the end. He was breathing very heavily, rather than his typical closed mouth. Just my insight though

Re: Re:

deValtos said:
thequestionmark said:
sir fly said:
Does anyone else thinks Aru starts his sprints too early?
Yesterday I thought he's just miscalculated the effort, but today happened the same, although the outcome is better.
Yeah, but maybe he wanted to catch Chavanel.

Its actually better he didn't catch Chavanel since that would've given Contador a 4 second bonus and Aru 6. This way Aru gets 4 and Contador/Porte 0.

Unless only he passed Chavanel right on the line, so that he got 6, Chavanel 4, Contador/Porte 0.

Re:

Red Rick said:
Did Contador just say that he didn't feel too good so he decided to attack?!

Yep, that's what he said…! I dunno, maybe a lost in translation thing. I think he's got an edge to find, but I Aru looked like he was struggling to me. Not sure how much Porte had left in him, to be honest. Didn't have much of a dig, really.