• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 12: Cesenatico - Cesenatico 204 km

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes: Love that song. One of the very best tracks by the greatest band of all time.

Truth be told, I hated that song (and album) when I first heard it, but I persisted with many listens because it had such rave reviews. Eventually I started to 'get it', and Climbing Up The Walls was one of the last to click (along with Exit Music), and it's now my favourite off OK Computer (along with Airbag).

By the way, Fitter, Happier has never ever clicked. I swear that anyone who says they like that 'song' is lying, and only saying so because it's 'Radiohead' :laughing:

The Bends helped me with OK Computer as I was trying that out at the same time, and finding it interesting but much more accessible.

The 'normality' of The Bends helped to keep OK Computer High And Dry for me, so to speak.

My music tastes are generally much more....basic. Radiohead might be the one cool act that I like :p

I don't mind some stuff off Kid A and Amnesiac, but I sort of felt distant from them after that. I am yet to get In Rainbows (though understand many fans swear by it).

Maybe Alberto Contador is more like The Bends/OK Computer and Vincenzo Nibali is more like Kid A/Amnesiac :laughing:

But I will keep quoting OK Computer for Nibbles; there is a lot that relates.

• Love
Reactions: hayneplane
Truth be told, I hated that song (and album) when I first heard it, but I persisted with many listens because it had such rave reviews. Eventually I started to 'get it', and Climbing Up The Walls was one of the last to click (along with Exit Music), and it's now my favourite off OK Computer (along with Airbag).

By the way, Fitter, Happier has never ever clicked. I swear that anyone who says they like that 'song' is lying, and only saying so because it's 'Radiohead' :laughing:

The Bends helped me with OK Computer as I was trying that out at the same time, and finding it interesting but much more accessible.

The 'normality' of The Bends helped to keep OK Computer High And Dry for me, so to speak.

My music tastes are generally much more....basic. Radiohead might be the one cool act that I like :p

I don't mind some stuff off Kid A and Amnesiac, but I sort of felt distant from them after that. I am yet to get In Rainbows (though understand many fans swear by it).

Maybe Alberto Contador is more like The Bends/OK Computer and Vincenzo Nibali is more like Kid A/Amnesiac :laughing:

But I will keep quoting OK Computer for Nibbles; there is a lot that relates.
Fitter happier works in the context of the album as played in the intended sequence in one listen but I do agree that if it came on a playlist on random track you would skip it on.

Reactions: gregrowlerson

TRENDING THREADS