• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 13: Cervia – Monselice 192 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I would accept this stage going to a break. It's the quality of the break that's sad. We need NTT to chase for Pozzovivo.

Oh yeah the break would have been fine winning today.

I just mean it's sad when you get let go and its a bare handful of you (a couple of whom clearly hoped to actually nab the stage) and the teams behind you don't even let you go past 2 min.

You're just dangling out there in sadness all day knowing you don't even have that tiny glimmer of hope.

Oh yeah the break would have been fine winning today.

I just mean it's sad when you get let go and its a bare handful of you (a couple of whom clearly hoped to actually nab the stage) and the teams behind you don't even let you go past 2 min.

You're just dangling out there in sadness all day knowing you don't even have that tiny glimmer of hope.
Seems the real stage hunters are resting in the bunch waiting for the finale.

Harm Vanhoucke was in the GC top 10 after the Etna stage and several days longer. Now he's over half an hour behind, but he lost time on purpose in order to hunt for a stage. That campaign started today, but it doesn't seem to pay off just yet.

It was a bad gamble to go today as a break winning was always unlikely (and attacking off the front on the climbs is probably at least as effective as spending all day out hoping to make it stick), but I suppose he can ride tomorrow as a 'rest' and be reasonably fresh to try again on Sunday, Once again if we were to end the race early I guess you'd kick yourself if you rolled through the weekend expecting breaks on later days only to find the race doesn't go on too.

TRENDING THREADS