• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 13: Cervia – Monselice 192 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
James Knox tweets (or Instagrams) that he is riding his coldest days as a bike rider and he is a bit worried that the high mountains days are yet to come in this Giro.

Nibali thinking; Back in my days....

2116737-nibali2.jpg
13nibaligiro20528.jpg

Those were the days. Actually Nibali expressed his concern about the potential effect of the cold in the high mountains. Today he changed many jackets to protect himself from the wet and cold, age catching up.
Nibali is just very aware of the importance of not getting too cold. Wasn't he the only one of the front three getting a jacket before the infamous Agnello descent in 2016?

UAE will probably help Bora to control the breakaway for Ulissi.
I have to say that I really love the area where the stage finishes, the Colli Euganei. I have found memories of riding my bike there years ago while being on vacation with my family and I actually rode those climbs (the steep part of the first climb with the 20% ramp is the muro di Torreglia). Vulcanic hills with hot springs and from Montegrotto you can reach Padova in 20min and Venice in 40min by train, it's actually a really nice area and the main cycling hotspot in the province of Padova.

Nibali is just very aware of the importance of not getting too cold. Wasn't he the only one of the front three getting a jacket before the infamous Agnello descent in 2016?

^ Interestingly, Nibali mentioned that he made a mistake on Rocaraso with this. He took his rain jacket off 9 km from the finish, but there was a small descent 4 km from the line and he said he got very cold. And that this hampered his sprint there. I had the feeling that yesterdays rain jacket show was a reaction to this previous error.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS